Minor/Repaint: Masterpiece Battle Ground Grimlock w/9 LEDs(wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by encline, Jul 23, 2009.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Battle Ground Grimlock (wip)

BIG "FORGET YOU" TO APRON WEARING, BOW TIE NECKIN', TRAY CARYIN', ENERGON SERVIN', STUPID GRIMLOCK!!!!!

HERE IS TO BUTT KICKEN', SERVO STOMPIN', CON CRUSHIN', OPTIC SMASHIN', KING GRIMLOCK(with speech malfunction)

This is one of my most passionate projects to date. Grimlock, besides Prime, has always been my favorite TF, but he has always been my favorite toy.

Masterpiece Grimlock, WOW. Worth every penny. Well, not really, because he has very little metal and is not as big a ROTF Leader Prime. BUT, I bought him anyway. BUT WHAT IS ALL THAT JUNK HE COMES WITH!!!! He should only come with the sword and gun. BUT AN APRON AND BOW TIE TO SERVE DRINKS!!!!!!!! Okay, I get it, I saw the cartoon. LAME!!!!

My Grimlock has always been a brave warrior (with a speech malfunction) driven off of pure emotion. Torn between fighting for what is right, and fighting to prove something. His arrogance is only matched by his hatred to see the weak being taken advantage of by the strong. Still, he has no respect for them, he just some how has a deep sense to protect.

I am blending old skool Grimlock with some new. The most noticeable will be the teeth added to the faceplate. Why? you may ask. BECAUSE IT IS KICK BUTT INTIMIDATING WICKED SICK!!!!!! THAT'S WHY. Plus, I like it. I will be adding LEDs in the legs, chest(light up autobot symbol). I decided NOT to use the LED in the heads. You can only have a light on for so long. So I airbrushed the visors.

He will also have a bit of the WAR WITHIN feel with more weapons. But nothing drastic will change in Dino mode. Paint and body work will include a "real world" feel with a few scares and some rust, but nothing that will take away from the over all feel.

Please feel free to make suggestions!!!!! Thanks guys.

7/23/09
    Decided against the LEDs in the heads. Added a couple of pics. JUst gotta finish details and pics will be up Sunday:) 

7/25/09

WHY CAN'T I CHANGE THE TITLE LIKE WE USED TO? THIS IS FINISHED NOW.

SO GUYS, SHOULD I ADD TWO GUNS THAT CAN BE DETACHED ON HIS BACK?

The sword is airbrushed with white, then clear yellow, clear orange, and clear read. The LED is on in only one of the pics!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm really looking to your WWI modifications on this figure. It'll probably push me over the edge and make me buy my own MP Grimlock (I've always loved the faceplate teeth).

I have to ask. Why LED's in the legs? I just don't see the fascination with all the LED's all over the place that we've been seeing a lot of lately. Maybe it's my lack of electronic abilities talking, but adding LED's just to add LED's seems like a waste. Eyes and sword- yes. Shins- ???

3. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

one word: very cool

4. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    very nice Encline, good luck. and I know what u mean, is that why I paid over $100 bux? for a baby bib and silverware? I dont even like the mind exchange device. keep it up

5. encline

News Credits:
    Well, buy one!!! It is the best.:) 

Well, I have noticed a bunch of LED work as of late to. I really got into adding LEDs when I did my Animated Nemesis Prime, and just kind of kept doing it. I like it that way. To answer your question about the legs, well, just look at them, I didn't put light in some random spot. They were translucent "computer" panels. That to me says....lights!

I hope so!!!
    Thanks good sir. Right... a bib.. Really lame. At least give us a crown or something.

6. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

Ebay:
    he had a crown? anyways, how u get such small leds in the legs? not to mention wires and all.

7. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Wow, man I cant wait to see more of this, I'm on the fence LED wise I really like it when lights are just painted on, but I come from the table top Warhammer hobby world so its just what im used to.

8. encline

News Credits:
    I got you. I went against the LEDs in the head for the reason of possibility.
    A light can only be on so long. So I just airbrushed the visor(s) to look good at all times:)  I did leave leave the LEDs in the legs, and I will be adding one to the chest.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Holy crap! This is awesome! Can't believe I missed this.

10. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    encline, you sir are a tease. This looks great so far. Looking forward to seeing the full details and more pictures. From what I see, you've already breathed new life into it. Keep up the great work, bro!

11. encline

News Credits:
    At some point he had a crown. I meant it figuratively though.:) 
    The LEDs in the legs were easy once I spent four hours figuring out where to cut and what goes where! Two words: COPPER TAPE!!!
    tHANKS MAN! Well, it was kinda low key when I started.

My wife says the same thing....eewwwww... I'AM NNAAAAASSSTY!!:)  But really, women are a tease:p 

Thanks man. This figure is good, but man, I just couldn't resist making it better. I hope to make it great.

12. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Look forward to seeing this completed. Entirely agree with you - awesome figure (I can forgive the short stature), but damned if all that gimmick gumpf that comes with him will ever make it out the box..

13. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Lookin' good encline. I love the teeth. Why no eye LEDs?

14. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

Ebay:
    NO! why'd u take out the LEDs in the head?

15. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    He looks awesome. More pictures please.

16. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa! I love this figure, but you just elevated him a bit. LEDs are nice, but it is your paint work that always makes your customs great!
    More Pics!

17. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

i'm a looking, and i'm a likeing

18. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting to see the finished product to begin to droll all over the place.

19. encline

News Credits:
    Yeah, it is great, but I would never use that apron and junk. Although, I am going to put the bow tie on him and make him like a chip n' dale guy:) 

Thanks!!

Well, I want to use LEDs to enhance a figure, example, headlights, eyes, what ever. BUT, with Masterpiece Grimlock, I found it to be a bit distractin from the over all feel. I want this figure to look great posed or what ever, but you can only keep the LED on for so long. I just couldn't figure out a way to have full colored visors(red and blue) that give the appearance of glowing, while at the same time having LEDs in the head.
    Thank you Radicon of the moth!!!! Like I said, I want to use LEDs to only enhance. I, personally like the look of them in the legs, not distracting to me. The heads, when the lights are off, it would just be a clear visor, or a really dark transparent red/blue.

20. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Your familiarity with Chipendale's is disconcerting...

Are you going to do more WWI modifications, or leave it at the face plate? Just wondering, since it looks fantastic as is.