Masterpiece Barricade And New Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Confirmed Via Amazon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 17, 2017.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The older listings on Amazon Spain such as Voyager Scorn and Bumblebee, or Leader "Dragon", are still up, as are some of the listings at Amazon Germany under the same ASINs as their conterparts from Amazon Spain.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Protecc this smile!

News Credits:
    My bad lol, I didn't think they'd still be up there. But considering it is a masterpiece that hasn't been officially announced, Hasbro probably doesn't want anyone to know about that even though we've had the hunch for months. But that's the only logical reason i can think of for them to pull the listing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This reminds me when the officisl instagram account gave us a render from trypticon and they deleted it after some little time lol.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I assume whoever had the listings pulled just used the list posted on the main pages of every major TF fansite out there, but didn't actually look up potential older reports about "secret" listings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    You say he's a jobber, I say he's a survivor. Aside from Megatron (who died twice :lol ), Barry's the only other returning Decepticon to make a reappearance. Granted we need to see if he survives the events of TLK. In any case, I'm ecstatic that we're getting an MPM Barricade and can't wait to display him next to my custom Flory/Guidi inspired MP Barricade!

Thanks! This guy gets it. Speaking of the Bee vs. Barricade RPM 2-pack, I have those exact toys on my desk at work. :) 

Exactly. Read my mind! I would love an MPM DOTM Megatron but even I admit that that's just not realistic at the moment. When definitive proof surfaces of HasTak tackling the DOTM designs in MPM format (retooled Optimus with the exposed abs would be a good start), then I would have cause to be excited for a potential hobo-with-a-shotgun-tanker-truck Megatron.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  6. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:

"Well"? Well what brotha? :)  I see the doors about halfway where they need to be if thats what your pointing out. Buy the original toy does it correctly where the side fenders concave inward the doors come out the middle. I'm NOT saying this doesn't have it just that I guess we'll find out soon enough it's just not been photographed that we'll if so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    No.i have that, it's floppy right out of the box due to it not being balanced as well.as it could be. It's AWESOME though & I still love it to tears, don't get me wrong, but a Masterpiece is definitely gonna blow it away accuracy wise. Plus retail toys are no where near the accuracy that Masterpiece provides anyway (on average).

You ARE trying to be sarcastic, yes? I imagine you were joking about the "oops" part

You are 100% correct I just reviewed deluxe Barricade AND Fast Action Battler Barricade (amongst a bunch other FABS & Movie 1 deluxes) and Ford Saleen Police Car is on the back of both packages. ;) 

That isn't really true that Japan has nothing to do with IDW lore, they have made just about every Generations figure, since thrilling 30 happened in America, detailed decors FROM the IDW lore and I just read that Japan is now getting IDW comics thru some platform.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    No definitely not. It's not 1/24th scale more like 1/35th scale on top of that Barricade wasn't accuracy like they can do today..have faith homie

EXACTLY

• Like Like x 2
  9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    That's a level of commitment I've yet to aspire to

• Like Like x 5
  10. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    My post wasn't for or against the idea of any of the specific versions of an MPM Megatron figure per se (I personally much prefer his DOTM design myself), only that HasTak would probably take their time revealing/releasing one for the reasons I stated previously. Guys like Barricade, Blackout, and Starscream played bigger roles in the first movie, quite honestly. Megs didn't even show up for real until the final part of the film.

Also, I'm looking at Japanese Amazon and some of the IDW TF comics are indeed available in both Japanese and Eigo (English) so IDW does have a presence in Japan (however small it may be). Also, isn't that officially licensed non-transforming figure of IDW Drift being made by a Japanese toy company?

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Newsflash: Takara is making those Generations figures at Hasbro's request. They're for the US/UK audience.

But Takara makes Masterpieces for Japan. They're not going to make a MP their home audience has no connection to. The MP line is also about nostalgia. The IDW comics are brand new. It just wouldn't make sense any way you look at it.

And I'd love to see some confirmation or link showing they're releasing IDW comics in Japan, because I've not seen nor heard anything like that. The only IDW comics that have been released here in Japan so far are the G1-esque All Hail Megatron, and now, just last month, FINALLY, one more book. But it's a Costa book (that's not likely to win over fans :rolleyes: ). Nothing before that, nothing since that. There are a few amazon Japan sellers selling US tpbs (for slightly higher prices) and single issue comics (for super-gouging prices) independently, but no Japanese language releases other than AHM and now the Costa book.

But if some online comics service-- of which there are many here-- is releasing them, I'd like to know. All I know about digital IDW TF comics is that Comixology blocks their sale within Japan. It's really annoying.

12. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Getting back on topic, I wonder what possible accessories MPM Barricade might include. A Frenzy mini-figure seems like a given but I wonder if they'll give him his spiked wheel mace weapon that he used in his fight with Bumblebee. I think that thing was wielded on a chain too. If so, I hope the chain is articulated similar to MP-36 Megatron's energon mace.

I don't recall Barricade ever using a firearm though until DOTM when he used a spiked "scolex" rifle to execute Que/Wheeljack. Maybe they'll include his spikey bits that he used to intimidate Sam with during his intro scene while in alt mode (his ROTF Deluxe Interrogator figure came with those spiked bits to attach to the front of his car mode).

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    He'll most likely come with his spikey-thing, Frenzy, and the interrogator headlights. The other two MPMs are pretty skimpy on accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except optimus was suppose to come with only 1 sword and 1 gun (and no matrix of leadership) for that was all he used in the first film so with that being said, there's a huge chance that barricades gonna come with everything you guys mentioned and that stupid little protoform gun he used in DOTM to kill wheeljack.

15. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I respectfully disagree

For what we know of BB so far, looks like the only accessory he's packing is his built in cannon (please correct me if I'm wrong). Since Barricade is at the same price point as BB (that is 79.99+ USD), I will be very surprised if we get anything more than Frenzy as an extra accessory.

Not trying to crush y'all dreams, just trying to be lowkey realistic. Ideally, I want this guy packing all the aforementioned accessories too :) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You're right, bee will only come with the built-in cannon but sadly no allspark (despite him being the only one to hold it). As for barricade, I can care less if he comes with the gun or not. None of us is probably gonna use it if he came with it anyway.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tbh, i only expect frenzy with a separate set, like the cassets.

18. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It probably won't happen, 1) barricade's his only ticket to seeing the light of day again. 2) his robot mode was never designed to transform into the boombox that's why he looked so skinny and thin, so his MPM might not even transform and 3) even if he was separate you'll only pay 1 dollar to get him because that's how much he's worth alone Due to his scale (unless he comes with the ninja disks and removable head for the spider crawly gimmick).

• Like Like x 2
  19. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    At least Barricade's figure will probably come with a built in wheel blade :) 

Agreed, our best case scenario is this being reworked/reissued somehow
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. Bobby Bolivia

Bobby Bolivia Active Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    jeez I was just saying.