Minor/Repaint: Masterpice Skywarp with Hip-kibble/Tailwing Mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by payton34, Apr 29, 2009.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First, thanks for the tutorial contained here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutor...scream-tailfin-waist-kibble-modification.html

Okay, I had recently acquired an MP Starscream that had this mod done to it, and I've seen this done with other Starscreams before, but I haven't seen it done with the other Seekers so I thought I'd start with Skywarp.

First of all, I think Redline is full of crap for saying he did his in 45 minutes, lol. :D  This took me two days (after 9 hours at work, mind you) and I almost cut my finger off in the process. But, this is the first time I've modded an actual figure (I usually just make weapons or effects) and I think I did okay.

I'm giving the glue extra time to set before changing into jet mode, so hopefully everything will line up properly.

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks great! I don't have the guts to do that mod though.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Same here. I admit it makes the figure look much better. But I JUST got myself a MP Starscream at a really good price. I don't really want to risk it and pay twice for the same figure.

Looks great though.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol  I did! and not just once, either. :p  I did it for PK, his skywarp and his screamer, plus my own screamer. Did you use a dremel? It shaves so much time off the mod. I used my hobby saw to make the cut on the panel line, and my exacto to cut the channel between your drilled hole and that piece of reinforcement plastic, but the rest is done by dremel. It's pretty amazing how much this improves the robot mode isn't it? and it has no impact at all on the jet form, either!

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The more I see this mod the more I'm tempted to try it. I'm just kinda scared of ruining the figure.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    all the modifications are done in such a way that the kibble hides your work. The ONLY exposed spot is where you cut the kibble in two, but that spot is marked by a panel line, so if you go slow you have nothing to worry about.

7. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I love what it does to the robot mode. Makes it more reminiscent of the original prototype mold (which kicked all kinds of ass).

Yeah, I did everything pretty much the same as you except I didn't have a hobby saw so I used my knife. But, I think I have an older (I.E. "cheap") dremel that doesn't have much "oomph" to it, but I did the best I could. Only one left now is Thundercracker. :thumbs2: 

8. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Great job !