Masterpeice Ultramagnus and his legs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by optimus1, Jan 27, 2007.

1. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

Gday
    All i was wondering since my Nephew who is 7 just received Masterpeice Ultramagnus for his Birthday,Because my mother inlaw wished to try and upsatge by getting him this when i shot her down and said its just a lame repaint of Prime ...Anyway my question is as much as it seems he has learn't to transform it himself when he showed me how cool it was i noticed both legs just fell out of the hip area is this right and should be parts that do come off or is it faulty ? The left leg just wont even sit in place anymore .

P.S I dont remember Optimus Prime doing this and i have Transformed him myself once but i have placed him back in box not to be used again

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    that doesn't sound good. I have MP Prime/Magnus/20th/DVD/Black and that's NEVER happened on ANY of them. Feet, yes, but not legs. and I pose them a lot. :( 

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    thats the first I heard of that happening... that does not sound right man

4. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

Well all i can say is i tried to warn her but hey she spen't 90 bucks & i dont think she cares to much
    Shame as it was the Takara version

5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It happens on one hip of my 20th anniversary prime which is annoying but as he is just a display figure isn't too bad. You may be able to glue them into the hip socket while keeping the joint mobility but I havn't tried that.

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That happened to my Masterpiece Magnus when I tried, foolishly, to get him into a sitting position; the left leg came out of it's socket. This happened just once though. This sounds more serious though.

7. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

One leg of my Masterpiece Prime (1st Hasbro version) falls out quite a bit. It pops right back in and he still stands OK on his own, but I am concerned about it. Each time it comes out makes me lean more towards getting a Takara version.

8. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I have never had a problem like that with my 20th Ann. Hasbro Prime, and I've posed him quite a bit. Of course, I'm careful whenever I handle it. Perhaps that wasn't an appropriate toy for a 7 year old?

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I got a second-hand MP Optimus shipped to me... he wasn't packed all that well, and when he arrived, a few bits had come off... his head, a foot, and one leg like you described. I was a bit concerned and quickly replaced it. I was relieved that it went pack to where it was supposed to.

Now the strange thing is I wanted to do some parts-swapping, and I can't figure out how it came off in the first place. I can't seem to get either leg off anymore! Weird!

So maybe in your case, if you can get the legs back in their sockets, they might stay put, like mine does. :) 

zmog

10. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That happed to my 20th Prime. Both legs fell off, and you have to have them lined up perfectly, or they will fall off easily, but if you do it right, they wont pop off easily.

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

mines (Prime) just cant stand straight, he's slightly leaning forward....if i try to make him straight, he leans foward (and sometimes too much and falls over), if i try the other way, he falls backward.

My Prime doesnt have strong ankles :( 

12. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    My Hasbro Prime has the same problem.
    The right leg pops out at the hip joint.
    I think its a magnet that holds the socket in, and I'd like to replace the exisitng magnet with a rare earth magnet in hopes of strengthening the whole waist.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never heard of this probelm before. My Prime doesn't do that at all. I'd see if I could get my money back personally.

14. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My 20th Prime did this to onen leg after I foolishly dropped it. A little super glue holds it in though, and it still has perfect articulation.

15. helix

helix Well-Known Member

same thing happened to mine. could never get it to go in right so will glue it porbably