Mastermind Creations (MMC) / Ocular Max Studio Ox Style Insecticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, May 26, 2015.

1. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For my purposes- pretty much display and pose a bit- these guys are just fine. I had and subsequently sold both the Bad Cube and FansToys sets. The BC because of how, well, not MP they looked to me with other MPs, and the FT because I couldn't take the bug legs hanging off them in bot mode. To me the FT set "felt" premium but the bug leg kibble ruined them for me. This set hides the bug junk better- where it falls short is finish in my opinion. Lack of paint apps and the seemingly random chrome thighs on Shrapnel and thighs PLUS waist on Bombshell look out of place. I'd also have preferred the purple to have been slightly lighter as it looks almost black on my shelf but that's nitpicky. I may eventually paint the chrome leg parts silver and add some details. But again, this set poses nicely and do look good. I prefer them overall to the others- And I've had all three sets.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  3. bct103

bct103 Member

They're decent enough in robot mode, but getting them there from insect mode can be quite the effort. Those insect legs have far more articulation than they really need, and it just makes it annoying to figure out how to get them properly aligned for transformation/display in robot mode. I pretty much got them as an impulse buy at TFCon but just really wanted a complete set of Insecticons and got into the 3rd party game too late to get the Fans Toys versions at a decent price.

4. lbock

lbock Well-Known Member

I thought these looked decent at TF Con, but they don't wow me enough to get rid of Badcube bugs for these. I really hope that Takara makes MP insecticons because none of the 3P options really impress me. Fans Toys feel the nicest, but have a lot of kibble and Forager is too fragile.

• Like Like x 1