Mastermind Creations KM-03 Knight Morpher Cyclops Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by encline, Nov 23, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Little update: ended up breaking 1 tab under the boat when transforming it back to alt mode. I broke the other one on purpose to make things look symmetrical, those tabs were pretty useless anyway.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It doesn't even float! What a ripoff!

The old Convertors boat toys from the 80s could transform and float! They even had little wind up motors!

Cpt. Nemo | CollectionDX

YOu know I see online there are a ton of cheapo radio control boats on ebay. SOmeone needs to make a custom where he can float and have working engines. Maybe just a simple plastic clamshell over the bottom to make it water tight, with two small motors?

3. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Then he wouldn't be able to transform, because the reason he can't float is because of the number of gaps in his underside

4. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

Vangelus is the only reviewer that I trust and enjoy watching his reviews. He seems to have similar tastes as myself and does point out the bad as well as the good. He is also very entertaining in his reviews unlike all the other super monotonous reviewers out there.

I have tried watching other people's reviews and frankly, I find myself either bored or rolling my eyes or totally disagreeing with them not due to opinion but their lack of understanding of what they have in their hands.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You're by far my favorite reviewer.

Only thing is, you sound exactly like Seth Rogan. So I feel like Seth Rogan is reviewing this guy.

Either way, this review is awesome and entertaining as always.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    The little brackets? How does he hold together in bot mode? Doesn't that leave the upper torso all floppy, or does the weight hold it in place?

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last Cyclops review vid is up~ Mostly for those who want further visual examples of tranforming the toy.

8. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When transforming mine to robot mode the lower right arm just fell off. There's a little slider that the elbow piece apparently goes into, but it's not holding the right arm up. Is mine broken, or is there an easy way to fix this?

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's just talking about the hull tabs.

10. stormshadow0621

stormshadow0621 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got mine yesterday. Waiting till Friday (when I have time) to transform him with assistance from the video.

Those tabs do look / feel fragile...

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I'll take a look at mine later and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

Ah. Yeah, a couple of those going missing shouldn't hurt anything serious.

They're sturdier than they look but you DO want to be careful the first few times through the transformation.

12. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

just got this yesterday and mine is not nearly as sturdy as Peaughs'..if i even move mine the legs just start flooping around and it wants to tip backwards.i have the same prob also with my right arm as it just free dangles...i pushed it up a little and it seems to be better but it just doesnt seem right to me..even with these probs(or i could just be and idiot) he is still a good fig as i wont be messing around with him much..happy that i got him but feel(at least in mine) that the joints could be better...and those back wings are a PITA(mine still arent all the way correct)..going to tackle him again when i get off work and see if i missed something..i will use this and TJs vids as guides as they both are great at explaining stuff the instructions left out..great review Peaugh

13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I'd really like to thank Vangelus for the transformation video. I think the way he opens the upper portion of the boat during the boat to robot transformation is the best among all the reviewers I've seen. Not so sure if it's clear to everyone (it's not clear to me), but the small fragile torso hooks that everyone keeps referring to also is used to tab the upper portion of the boat so if you are unlucky, you may just break it while opening things up (if you follow the official instructions).

Now, I really wanted to like this figure (both modes are incredible) , but those small torso hooks is just an accident waiting to happen and they are really pretty small. For some reason it reminds me of the G1 episode where Bruticus is shown with 3 holes in the back indicating his weakness. So basically someone can just shoot Cyclops small torso hooks, and he'll flop around and it's game over. Does not sound like the brilliant tactician I know and love :) .

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Glad you enjoyed the review, sorry yours is a little floppy. I'm looking at ways to tighten some of the areas I've seen complaints about, I'll post a how-to if I find anything.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    No, not the waist ones, the ones that end up supporting (well, they don't support much!) the backpack halves in boat mode...

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    ah, gotcha.

17. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like yours probably has too much lube in the hip joints. The dangly arm on the right is a known problem, if you check the thread for him in 3rd Party, within the last 5 pages or so currently, Mastermind povided an e-mail to write to to get a replacement part sent for that.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Emailed them the day the guy from MMC posted. I still can't understand what the problem is though because the looseness does NOT come from the elbow joint, it comes from the part in front of it in the forearm.

19. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Snapped mine in half. LIKE A BOSS, as you fellas say.

20. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Thank you, Peaugh. Your video was invaluable. I didn't even look at the instruction booklet, but watched you instead. That backpack folding was terrifying. You said "it's going to feel like you might break it, but don't worry, you won't," and I was like "B.S., dude, it's totally gonna break." :lol  It didn't, so thank you. :thumbs2: 

And, yeah, the arm floppiness is just below the elbow joint. My elbow joint is fine. The connection point below it swings like no tomorrow. :redface2: