Mastermind Creations KM-03 Knight Morpher Cyclops Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by encline, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review Vangelus! Didn't think I could get MORE excited for this guy.

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Thanks guys. He really is a pretty awesome figure. I'll see if I can do a quick robot>boat video.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In light of the most-often-asked question about Cyclops, I've uploaded a new video and added it to the OP.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I'm sold. Two days ago I didn't even know this existed, and now I've gone and canceled my Bruticus plans.

Cyclops is paid for and on his way. :) 

5. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow to Part C OMG..........this man......was down. I hope that answered everyone's question.

6. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Man... Science thanks you.

I wonder... Can it float on something thicker like syrup or marinara sauce? What if you partially embed it in a container of Vaseline? Will that mimic the look of floating on water?

It will float for sure on lava. That stuff is dense as balls. Does it hold together long enough before collapsing into ashes to enjoy it floating on the lava?

7. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am pretty sure KM commander can float on lava too. And Hercules can walk on that with no problem.

8. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    mmm maybe if you add some foam into hollow parts of the underside , it will float, however i highly doubt that anyone want to do this.....ho wait..you did

9. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

Too big and obscure for me to want to purchase. Very nice molding on this thing though and watching the video in hd really shows off the amount of detail on this thing. So I do commend Mastermind Creations on their work. Just too pricey.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Great review as always, I'm definitely getting one of these as it's effectively a Masterpiece version of Hearts of Steel Shockwave.

As official TF's seem to be shrinking it's great to see MMC have had the balls to make the main bot such a beast and the little guy is suprisingly complex too.

I also think the color scheme is outstanding, the metallic tones really make both figures pop and it's easily the best looking 3rd party figure in that regard.

I think MMC were restricted by the constraints of the comic design as far as the arm articulation goes so I'll cut them some slack for that as the overall piece is so good.

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got mine this morning, no breakage whatsoever. Good thing I watched Peaugh's video yesterday to guide me. The only difficult part was moving up the ankle guards and now that I know how, it's going to be easy.

One thing though that I'm not sure I understand well: the right arm has a clicky joint at the elbow yet the forearm is attached to a secondary piece that is kinda free to dangle. What do I need to do to take advantage of the clicky joint?

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome, looks like a great figure!

13. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know a lot of people have been complaining about price, but he is a figure of MP quality and build. He is bigger than mp grimlock and about 20 bucks cheaper than the recent re-issue (179.99? if I remember correctly) and the same for the recent mp11. It's totally justified in my book, but that's just my opinion.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    ^Especially for a toy that has a more limited release than a regular MP figure.

I wouldn't say the quality is Takara-like, but it's pretty damn close. At least the finish and the detailing are.

15. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I have to say this guy is very impressive looking. Though I won't be buying it due to lack of interest in HOS stuff, this review gets me really excited for their Sixshot. However, this review does worry me that maybe his design will have some problems with transformation. No third party product is without it's flaws of course, I just hope MMC can make Sixshot without giving us any possible scary breakage points.

Ohh and of course this goes without saying, awesome review Vangelus. Never planned to buy this product, but your review is spectacular. In all seriousness, your reviews are the most professionally done and give the best insightful opinions and overall outlooks of the products. Good show chap!

16. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haha @ part C. Well done Vangelus, well done. We all knew that thing would sink...right?

17. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    If it doesn't float I'm gonna cancel my order. What about the HOS Starscream? If that thing doesn't fly I'm cancelling that order too (!)

18. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

i dont disagree with the price at all. given what this thing actually is i believe the price to be very fair. my own personal feelings are that it is a transformer from a series that i cared very little about and had no real like for the asthetics and designs of the bots. so its just too pricey for me. mmc does deserve credit for taking a chance and making a very nice looking toy.

19. jthitman

jthitman Well-Known Member

Vangelus,

You sir, have courage, cause there is no ?#@!ing way I'm dunking my cyclops in the water to see if it floats. By the way, great review!

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, someone legitimately tested it out to see if it would float? Wasn't expecting that.