Mastermind Creations KM-02 Knight Morpher Annihilator Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Vangelus, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Fantastic review and awesome presentation, Vangelus.

However, given my experience with KMC 1, I heavily recommend anyone buying one of these figures to buy one from a place with good customer service and a decent return policy.

I also recommend removing the internal shoulder tabs. It's not too hard to do, and won't affect the internal enginnering adversely nor will it change the external aesthetics. Put them in a bag in your KMC box if you're worried about it being 100% complete. I saw in the review that it looks like it still requires too much effort to pull the shoulder forward and lock it into place. That shoulder piece is not a thick piece of plastic. I had my KMC's shoulder break off on me just this past week during a transformation *because* of those shoulder locking tabs. Thankfully I had an extra corpse from which to scavenge a shoulder piece that BBTS sent to me after initial QC problems when I first bought the figure on its release. What's funny is that the body part that BBTS sent me *also* had QC problems, just in a different place. I had to combine parts of each to get one solid figure.

Unless you're regularly doing the "shaking baby test", you're not going to notice that the shoulders aren't locked anyway. This is more a display piece after all. Plus you'll have the piece of mind that if you go to grab it and transform it 6mths from now that you'll not put any undue stress on parts which you forgot you should be gentle. Those people that were upset that their shoulder tabs broke should be happy, because their KMC's probably saved their arms.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The transformation scene was cool as hell. Especially the part where is head slowly rises.
    Looks like a lot of work editing all that but the results are worth it.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I thought the video was gonna be up a day earlier, but editing the transformation took a couple hours longer than I expected. Was really fun to do, though. :D 

4. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just caved and pre-ordered Annihilator from Toy Arena (even used a $5 off coupon, woop woop) because of your video review. I had wanted the regular Optimus-colors one, but the Annihilator retool/repaint looks fantastic. I'm hoping he ships soon - TFSource says they've got him in stock already. I'm really looking forward to getting ahold of him.

Thanks for the video review - I'd never watched any of your reviews, but now I definitely want to go back and watch them (even for stuff I already own, haha).

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Mine will be here tomorrow and I'm super excited. I have a question though. For those who have it, do one of the shoulders not attach to the side of his chest during the transformation. I saw another video review where the guy said that one of his arms was loose and didn't clip/peg onto his side during transformation.

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    The left shoulder on mine only barely clicks into place, but it's enough where it doesn't flop out of place or anything.

Other than that, this release is marvelous. I returned the Commander after getting it when it came out because it was plagued with problems, but this one pretty much fixes everything and I couldn't be happier with it.

7. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My Knight Morpher Annihilator Evil Train of Ultimate Galactic Destruction: Apocalypse Edition should arrive tomorrow from Toy Arena, I can't freakin' wait!!!

9. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ohhhh crap, Knight Morpher Annihilator came in the mail today. :aaa:

He's pretty fantastic. His transformation is really easy while still being super-satisfying, the detailing is amazing and all around I'm really digging him.

If I had to come up with complaints, it would be:
    - the front cow-catcher is really loose and floppy
    - unpegging the arms from the boiler to swing them down is really scary because the pegs are super-tight

Other than that I can't really think of anything else to complain about. Then again I've only fiddled with him for like 5 minutes so far.