Mastermind Creations KM-01 Knight Morpher Commander Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Necare, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Colossus Prime

Colossus Prime Worshiping the Matrix

It's a rough call. Warbot is cheaper so you would have some money left over. I limit my collection to Primes, Primals, and Grimlocks for financial reasons. So as much as I REALLY want Warbot so much so that I am tempted to alter my criteria to include Wreckers, I'm holding to my guns and sticking with Knight Morpher only. But know that I am very satisfied with Knight Morpher. He's a very solid, fun figure with lots of cool accessories and playability. Now all I need is a comic accurate Optimus Prime that transforms into a HISS tank and I'm set. :) 

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I have no idea, but I know how you feel. I don't own either yet, KMC should arrive today. I want both, but I ordered KMC first, for a few reasons:

1. I liked Hearts Of Steel's designs more than I like Springer. I'm not much of a Season 3 fan, and I love the alternate designs from HOS, War Within, Transtech, and WFC, etc.

2. Springer is made by FP - after experiencing City Commander, I know it will be a great toy, but unlike the first run of City Commander, I'M betting that:
    1) they made a bunch of Springers, more than City Commander's first run, and 2) with FP's popularity, chances of a reissue in a year or two are decent - just like City Commander was. I'm not convinced that this is my only shot at Springer. I don't think KMC is as popular as either CC or Springer, but I'm not taking the chance of missing out on it. I've wanted one since I saw griffith's original garage kits.

3. FP has established themselves, Mastermind Creations has not (yet). I'd rather take a risk on this, and sponsor more HOS figures. I know lots of people will sending money in FP's direction for Springer. I hope lots of people will be buying KMC - I'll help out, if nothing more than to show my support for HOS, for another good custom, etc.

3. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

Yeah, I agree with that line of thinking. Plus, I just dig Victorian-style transformers. A steam engine always seemed like a cool alt mode, and this one is pretty sweet! I like the way people are saying the plastic quality is good and sturdy.

4. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The plastic quality is fine. It doesn't feel as solid and sturdy as City Commander - there's some spots where it feels flexible - not bendy, but it feels like it would deform instead of snapping if you were to crush it or force it (which feels like it would take a lot of force to do).

On the other hand, this thing does not feel as fragile and brittle as a Masterpiece Seeker. I've played with the seeker mold enough and disassembled enough of them to know what you can force and what you can't, and I'm not scared of breaking a MP seeker (other than the wing hinges), but they still always feel fragile. Prime, on the other hand, feels fine. Mine had super tight arm joints, which require a lot of force to unfold and fold up again, and I didn't feel scared to force them like I would if I were forcing a joint on the seekers.

5. Optimal Fan

Optimal Fan Paxion

I know it is a little late but for those still on the fence, I just got mine in from bbts.com and omg I love it. I was worried about the plastic, however it is very sturdy. The design, attention to detail, and little gimmicks are very well done and put together. These Mastermind people made an awesome Prime that I am really happy I own.

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Fair review, pretty much sums up my feelings about the figure.
    Awesome design, great details, but so-so execution. I still haven't been able to straighten out the elbows on mine, but luckily nothing has broken yet. Oh and my visor stays on without modification.

Btw, you can flip out the barrel of the smokestack-gun to give it a better gunnish/gunny... gun-like look.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Man, I so want Annihilator, I'd get it right now if I wasn't collecting Brave toys. >_< I hope this guy gets re-released.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I still think Knight Morpher is a much better toy than Grand Patriot.

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Easily.

11. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Great review Van. I am kind of glad I skipped out on this guy, but picked up Annihilator. If they re release it, I'll probably pick him up, not only to complete the set but to support MMC in their future endeavors.

12. EmGo316

EmGo316 Freakin' Geek

News Credits:
    MMC KNIGHT MORPHER COMMANDER Review by EmGo

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. EmGo316

EmGo316 Freakin' Geek

News Credits:
  14. PrimusPrankster

PrimusPrankster Member

Knight Morpher KM-01 video review

this is my very first review. suggestions are welcome. Thanks and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From looks of your review this isn't the retooled version of this release?

16. PrimusPrankster

PrimusPrankster Member

no its not the retooled version. ordered the annihilator, the next week. I put the new head on it, and it looks really good.

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  18. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Good Review Peaugh, I have no idea what that extra part is for...maybe something to do with his gun?? But excellent review as always.

19. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    that piece holds the lance in his back

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah. Vangelus got all in my face about how he knew all about that little ring and where I could stick it. :lol