Mastermind Creations Carnifex (Overlord)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, Sep 28, 2013.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

I am mad because 5% of the toy was pulled out and resold for 20% of the cost.

2. xenogears

xenogears Active Member

Oh I see your point now. But wasn't the goal to create an idw approximation with this toy anyways? Do you not feel you got your money's worth with the toy regardless of this continuum kit?
    I know we're all different on where we draw the line and what is deemed unacceptable. So I can't say I don't understand why you're agitated, because I have my own issues :)  I just feel they did a stellar job with this and even if their goal was to milk it personally I don't feel abused atm :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

Your entitlement wouldn't bother me at all except that it reflects poorly on the community here and collectors in general.

But what to do? Even replying just fuels the nonsense.

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    incorrect. but i suspect, or at least hope, that you understand that. there is definitely not a 1:1 ratio of carnifex to continuum kits because the market for this is primarily IDW fans.

was the option designed in? absolutely. was it ever a certainty? no.

• Like Like x 4
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Basically the upgrade was planned but the figure would have been more expensive if it came with the godmasters (base price plus upgrade) so you would have spent the same regardless

6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On a more positive note, finally messed around with this guy again (tough with a 2yr old and a wife who slams me with chores ;) )

First time I actually ever put this in base mode.

I love this guy 20170402_000146.jpg 20170402_001650.jpg 20170402_170213.jpg 20170402_184346.jpg 20170402_184419.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. mtblanks

mtblanks This is in Spanish when you're not looking.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Must...resist...reprolabels.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is there a trick to keep the Godmasters in the breast? There was a brief time when they stuck in, but no longer. It's only gravity.

9. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Don't they are so good and for such a big bot there aren't a ton. They did a lost of smart design to get big swathes of color on him, luscious teal and swanky silver. My only complaint is the sword edge labels, 2 labels per edge side (4 per sword) and the two pieces don't line up totally perfectly, which they had gone with a single long sticker or maybe a more strategic cut to help the edge blend.

10. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    grah you're selling me on the stickers but i dislike that they cover the molded details on the shoulder so i might not apply those and the knee ones. but damn this figure is amazing... not sure if I want to use flat colors to detail him or fluorescents

11. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

RE the upgrade set. I only care about having those extra guns. Does anyone think the guns alone are worth the cost?
    Also, if anyone is interested in everything except the guns and wants to split the cost somehow, let me know.

12. Lord Jinnai

Lord Jinnai Well-Known Member

You know, I wasn't really in for the Repolabels Stickers, but after seeing them here - I think I may just have to get them. As for the MMC upgrade set - it's excellent. I love the IDW overlord design and was thrilled when he was first shown, but I've wanted a Takara style version for years. This set gave me just that and he looks AMAZING! Never used Repolabels before - are they quite easy to apply to the figures and is the quality consistent across all their lines as may pick up all the Ordin team sets as well?

13. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I've been stickering up all of my combiners. The stickers are designed to compensate for not applying them on smooth surfaces, they bend the right way to curve and fold where they need to go. Just clean before you apply and use a toothpick or exacto knight to lay them down.

14. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only issue, if any, with the Repro labels are the shoulder ones. The tips of them are curling back due to me trying to transform the shoulders into Jet mode. So just be aware of those. I like them nonetheless.

Anyone here got tips for the Godmasters to stay in the chest?

15. Omnondippy

Omnondippy The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest accord.

just received him today by far my favourite toy i have (and my most expensive) so much character and articulation i can't wait till the next sunny day to take some pics!!

16. mtblanks

mtblanks This is in Spanish when you're not looking.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't remember having problems with mine, but it's been a couple weeks. I messed with the set for about a day before it went back in the box. It's cool; it's just not for me.

17. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Push them in firmly, make sure they're facing the right direction and transformed correctly.

I can literally shake my Carn really hard like as hard as possible and the little guys don't budge at all. If you can't do that and get the same result you must have missed something.

18. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it's weird, the first time it was fine. Now it's on and off when it stays in. Do you know where the contract points are supposed to be?

I know it doesn't click in right? Just friction?

19. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

If you dont push them in just right they fall out easily. Just push both legs at once until solidly in place.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Primary friction points are above and below so the thighs and heads of the mini bots.

• Like Like x 1