Masterforce (Episode 1 English Dub Preview)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Jan 14, 2012.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
  2. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks Max...Looks interesting.

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Thanks! =)

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm sorry, but seriously, this is bad

doesn't matter, you've already shown you have a complete disrespect for the source material

5. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Um, if you're not going to stay true to the source material, then why dub it?

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I turned it off after the bad singing started.

7. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    You didn't explain one reason why I disrespected the source material?
    Maybe if you explained why it was bad, I could fix it, but if you instead troll.... Then why should I respect your opinion?
    The only two things I could see that you both would not like it for is the "drunk singing" and the music not be original is the only reasons I could see for complaint.
    But those reasons alone don't make this "bad".
    Give me decent reasons and maybe I will consider changing some stuff, instead of just saying "YOUR NOT FOLLOWING THE SOURCE MATERIAL SO ITS AUTOMATICALLY BAD!!!"

Ya, that doesn't give you the right to dislike if you don't sit though the 2 minutes like the two people above.

8. soldierstar

soldierstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I for one welcome our new fanon overlords!

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    You proven you disrespect the source material when in an older thread you specifically stated that "screw ginrai, i want him as optimus prime!". You are taking away what made masterforce unique and enjoyable for tons of people just to make it more shitty american g1 homages.

Lets not get started on just how bad the dubbing actually sounds, you said it yourself back then, you didn't like masterforce you you wanted to make it "better", by removing what made the series unique and charming

10. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    ^What he said.

11. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

Haha!

This seems more like a "creative" project than someone who is trying to make a true copy of the original. If indeed true- this project is great! Very fun.. and who knows? Maybe you will make something better than the original... Because let's be honest... G1 and the "originals" do not stand up very well today- maybe they can use an update?

Very cool project. Keep us updated!

Don't worry about the trolls. They clearly have no respect for creativity and fun. You can do whatever the hell you want with the video. It's your project. Screw them. If they don't like it they don't have to watch it... That.. or they can go make their own!

12. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Thank you, for completely missing the point of a dub! Also, thank you for labeling people who don't like this as trolls, TFW really needed more people doing that!

Seriously? A dub is normally faithful to the original product and only translates the dialogue into English. This thing? It's some guy looking at the original and changing everything for the sake of it. This is like what happened to the original Gojira in 1956, when it was released in America and had it's anti nuclear weapons message completely cut out, and replaced with Raymond friggin Burr.

Now, if this was an abridged version of Masterforce, like that Yu-Gi-Oh abridged series on Youtube, then I would be ok with this. But, it isn't. It's trying to be an English dub of a show and trying to be serious and failing at it. The voices sound completely terrible and just the fact that the guy making this plans to change one or more of the characters names, for no other reason other then "just because", just irks me.

Also, while the Sunbow show may not hold up that well today, Masterforce holds up pretty damn well and is still at awesome as it was back then, and it doesn't need an update.

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Actually it does. If I can't stand the first 45 seconds, then it's a safe bet I won't be able to sit though the rest of it.

Wow, so now I'm a troll because I don't like something you do?

14. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Audio needs work, I have no idea what Submarauder said. And that "singing" was god awful. And if Submarauder and Skalor are using their American names, why isn't Blood?

15. PrimeOQZ

PrimeOQZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope you have fun with it. As far as what people like and don't, to me its prefrence.

I hope your open to critique as well. The name changes don't bother me but yeah, why use blood. Consistency.

I remember watching the english dubs and thinking that the human characters having the robot names seemed weird but I adjusted. I am waiting on my shout set to watch them with the subtitles so I am assuming that it will be similar, maybe not. I think I read that the subtitles have changes too right like seibertons to autobots which I didn't think would ever be done. I guess I will see for myself but that seems ok for my taste.

I will have to see more to judge the voices but so far not enough and would have to say I'm not impressed, yet.

Good luck with this.

16. soldierstar

soldierstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    haterz gunna hate let the good times roll this should be awesomeness!

17. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Just saying...
    Few things fixed.
    *No longer a "drunk singing sailor".
    *We are re-recording because even though alot of you put it in a harsh way, it was true that the voices need to be more clear.

I also would like to say, instead of you all trolling, how about you try to lead me to what could work.... I don't want to make something that old fans will hate.
    I am keeping the new music, sound effects, and character name changes.... Some names sound better then others, thats why I see fit to changing it.

But I'm not changing alot at all, maybe just some explaining and what not from previous series to connect them.

I DON'T WANT TO MAKE A BAD PRODUCT, keep that in mind.
    So please, instead of freaking out and thinking this is going to be bad because of this preview, give it a chance... Leave ideas, feedback.
    I don't want to have fights, we are suppose to be a community.... So lets act like one instead of trolling others.
    Its immature and childish and I refuse to talk to anyone like that, if your going to leave a reply, please don't put "THIS IS GOING TO BE SHIT, CRAP, AND ALL OTHER WORDS THAT ARE HARSH AND MEAN."
    Instead leave me comment on what you think could be fixed and what is fine... Comments like those could help me in the future.
    I just want to make this good for people who have seen and have not seen this series.

True that I said that, but I really didn't explain why I said so.
    Optimus Prime is my hero and its hard to see him when its not him.
    I've accepted that he is not Optimus but what I'm planning on doing is to make Ginrai learn who Optimus is and what not and he takes on the name of Optimus Prime as a tribute to that leader.
    And this is still in the maybe stage, if not enough people like that idea, I'm going to keep Ginrai the same.
    (In all honesty that was the only major thing I was going to change.)
    The major problem I had with this series is that I hated it was not Transformers, it was Transectors, the music is boring not as boring as Headmasters but boring, and the sound effects were shit, sometimes the dialog made me annoyed like for example "CURSES!".... I don't care for lines like that and they are going to be changed, and the voice acting was ok.
    But I always loved the stories, the stories always was the thing that kept me watching.

I promise you all, I will keep this as close as I can to the series well at the sametime adding and removing stuff.... Not major stuff, only minor stuff.

18. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ginrai is not Optimus Prime. He should never be Optimus Prime.