Masterforce as a separate continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just a random thought I have been batting around.

Masterforce as a series is pretty awesome, complete with the whole unique take on the mythology and having most of the main cast be humans who transform into parts of the robots and control them that way.

It's also got a fairly tenuous link with Headmasters, just with a couple of throwaway references.

So what if Masterforce were presented without those references? What if it was simply a different continuity, with nothing else changed? No Chromedome cameo or reference to Headmasters, but still the series takes place as it did before, with both sides fighting in space and a small yet significant part of the conflict taking place on the Earth, with the rediscovery of the long-lost Godmaster technology.

I personally have no problem with it being in continuity, by the way. I'm just curious to see if anybody would react to it any differently if it were a stand alone entry rather than a part of a wider ongoing mythology.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    In the scope of the show, I don't think it would have hurt anything, especially given it pretty much was a completely new take on the TFs, sort of a sentai feel.

Honestly? I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference in the majority of episodes. Other than the occassional cameo, they'd have to think of a new reason for Ginrai's body to look like Prime, or simply not address it at all. Is there anything else that would absolutely need to change?

3. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't imagine it being all that different. I think I may have more of a problem with it because the heroes are pretty much just mech pilots. Though I really did enjoy the idea of this being an incredibly small conflict on Earth. I've always wanted a show that focused on just some of the random soldiers and not Prime/Megs. We sort of got this with Animated I suppose.

At any rate, regardless of continuity placement or what...Masterforce will always be awesome.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Agreed.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Well that's the point as Ginrai's body looks like Prime but its literally just a mecha it becomes very much different to all other series, hence making it a seperate continuity. Its a totaly different origin for what Transformers are.

I could gladly call Masterforce a seperate continuity, it can join Galaxy Force as another tremendous and yet individual series :D 

On a different note, am I the only one who would like R.I.D to be cannonised into american G1 as season 2.5 pre 1986 movie?

6. perceptor_mc

perceptor_mc Well-Known Member

good god eeugh... How would would that work? Just how?

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Not quite sure to be honest :lol 

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd totally buy Masterforce being its own continuity, and would actually prefer it. I've got nothing against the show, it's just that this is when Transformers went into a more traditional anime/sentai form of storytelling. I'd see it more like TFA. A good show on its own with a sprinkle of nostalgic references for good measure.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind either way. It was cool to have Chromedome cameo, but it does then distract a little. But then I had the same thing when I watched the first epsiode and tried to work out how it all fitted in with Headmasters.

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This sums it up for me. I LOVE Masterforce, easily one of the best TF series.