MasterForce 1988,Updated homage toy idea. what do you guys think of it,like? hate?or?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 2, 2010.

?

Do you like or hate this Overlord,updated toy ideas.

1. Like

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Hate

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Has potential if done right

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. zero potential

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. I like the fact it can be used as a skylynx recolored toy

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. I like the fact it'll make a decent galvatron repainted/retooled toy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's a trully awesome toy idea,that i'd buy more than one of.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

(1) Master force 1988 Overlord: a updated homage new mold based off the character/toy designs from the Japanese Takara Masterforce 1988 toyline/cartoon series.

packaging,both voyager sized toys will be packaged together & sold in
    a leader sized box+price point.

A voyager sized black long nose stealth jet similar in design to the
    1988 masterforce overlord black jet.

A Voyager sized dark teal green/blue with white colors tank design similar in design to the 1988 materforce overlord tank design.

Keeping true to the 1988 materforce overlord neither vechicle will
    have a separate/individual robot mode.

each voyager sized vechicle will have a animal alt mode. I'd envision
    the black stealth jet would be able to transform into a Dragon. while the tank would be able to transform into a lion.

they'll be a combined mode like the 1988 masterforce overlord has.
    both the tank & jet will combine to form a huge robot. i'd envision
    the combined process will be similar to the energon 2-in-1 voyager
    combiners. the black jet will form the upper robot mode,while the tank
    forms the lower robot.

perhaps they'll also be a combined overlord beastmode like 1986 Skylynx has.

The main reason I decided to add animal alt modes. was because I
    figured the kids would find a jet or tank with no individual robot
    mode booring. just trying to make the original concept more exciting
    for the kids.

they'll be 2 mini-cons that are included with this figure. they'll be a
    few mini-con ports on the toys. they'll be 2 mini-con ports on the
    left & right upper chest of the combined overlord robot mode. for each
    minicon to attach to like breast plates. similar to what armada
    tidalwaves minicon does.

Autobot recolor idea for Overlord: Sky & Lynx combine to form Skylynx in both animal & robot modes.
    Decepticon recolor ideas for Overlord: Starscream & Megatron combine to form Galvatron.

Please guys when you vote in the poll. Please also reply with your comments via a reply in this thread.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

This overlord toy idea could work in any TF toy line in 2011 as a leader sized toy. with 2 voyagers put inside a leader sized box. this toy idea could work in the following 2011 TF toy lines: Generations,TF3 Movie,TF Prime.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't hate it, and I don't think it has zero potential, but none of the other poll options fit what I think of it. It's an interesting idea, but I can't see Hasbro ever doing it. It's just too fan-servicing to really make sense to anybody but us fans. If it had a modern reference, like it was in a new show, then, and only then, could I see them doing it.

We get plenty of nods, but Leaders don't sell well enough for them to make one completely aimed at us.

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Recently Overlord was featured as the star of the Last stand of the Wreckers IDW TF comic series.

Sometimes obsecure or regular TF characters that appear in the TF DW/IDW comics get new mold TF toys made & released in stores.

5. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that's actually a Great idea. I'm actually watching Masterforce again atm. Just at the part where Overload takes Ginrai apart before BlackZarak arrives!

drop the Beast Modes and ill buy it!

6. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

honestly having the added beast modes. is what will attract more buyers. and make the individual voyager sized molds worth buying. having just a voyager tank & voyager jet do nothing individually but roll around & shoot missles would be a waste of money to todays consumers. I honestly don't want the voyager tank & voyager jet to get individual robot modes. as that'll take away budget money & compromise details/stuff on the combined overlord robot mode. example those 2-in-1 energon combiners with invidual robot bits/kibble hanging all over the combined robot mode.

PLUS having the added beast modes for the individual voyager tank & jet. will make it easier to repaint/retool into different TF characters from hasbro's extensive Library of characters. like Skylynx

Some internet TF fans dis-like the PCC combiners. because they say the legends sized drones didn't transform into individual smaller robots.

same deal goes for Beastwars neo Magmatron. many internet TF fans wanted the 3 dinosaurs to have individual robot modes.