Customs: Master Piece Prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by autobotcorgi, Dec 31, 2006.

1. autobotcorgi

autobotcorgi Roads optional

Ebay:
    I have a dream to make a Original replica box of Optimus Prime but big enough for the complete MP-4 to fit in...can you imagine...that would look sooo kick ass! Anyone out there have any helpful hints on how to do this?

2. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

I would say find a friend with a plotter, then just scan an original box in and up the size, just print it on good stock paper, you can buy huge sheets of it at most paper suppliers.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you have an good imaging program (such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator) and a local printer, you're set.

Just be sure when you go to your local printer that they're ok with printing copyrighted material (when I had my RiD VHS box printed at a local printer, I assured them that it was my own design and that is was for personal use and not one of commerce. Depending on their regulations will be whether they are able to reproduce copyrighted images or not.

Hope that helps!

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

We have a massive color plotter at work, perhaps I could help out. I would need a scan of the box, though. Anyone have access to one???

BTW, the plotter we have can print on paper as wide as 42", and we can use glossy paper to give the finished product a nice shine.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I also forgot to mention to make sure your design actually makes a box. Do a Google search on box designs to see what I'm talking about (or you could disassemble a box). I'd provide an example right now, but I'm a bit busy cleaning my customs table off among other things. I'll try to illustrate what I'm talking about a bit later though.

6. autobotcorgi

autobotcorgi Roads optional

Ebay:
    I really appreciate everyone's help...but you need to dumb it down for me...I am have no clue where to start. This is my first attempt at anything like this... everyone's help in doing this means a lot to me...my dream may be realized yet.

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I found this site doing a search on Google for "making custom boxes": http://www.ee0r.com/boxes/

It looks very informative. Essentially what I've been trying to say is that when you make a box in an imaging program, you have to create the design of the box itself and not just the graphics for it.