Master of the Universe Help please :)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by PrimulArchangel, Nov 30, 2009.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys :) 

I came across a gymbag full of orginal He-man figures.I know nothing about he-man toys so i figured i would just post here.. They are in ok shape but the rubber that holds the legs on a lot of them seemed to have warped over the years causing the spread eagle effect lol and some have sticky plastic i guess from heat exposure. I was wondering if there is anything of value to these. there is a bunch of weapons, some still sealed in there bags. There are over 40 mini comic books as well. Have a look at the pics and let me know if there is anything rare ect. in the lot. The person they belong to may want to sell them but i wanted to see if it was worth it first.
    Thanks in advance :) 

Attached Files:

2. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Well you have Scareglow, who from my understanding is very rare.
    Looks to me like you've hit the jackpot kid. But that's just me, I'm sure someone will prove me wrong on this one.
    But I'm sure you could still bring in a lot of money with that stuff.

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm is he the one that looks like a skeleton ? Lol i dont remember much of he-man from when i was a kid and i never collected them, If it is him then that is one of the few that is in good shape. Do you know of a place that lists info about the toys for this line ?

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Looks like a great find you and your friend have there. As for value and such, you might want to poke around the MOTU Classics thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/220215-motu-classics.html

I'm sure some of the regulars in there can help figure out what you've got.

And if your friend does decide to part with them, you'll have an interested buyer in me for that Hordak (first picture, top row in the middle). :D 

5. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the one.
    For price ideas, I'd go to eBay or the MOTUC topic.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

fyi I ebayed a lot of nearly 40 vintage figures for a friend of mine a few months ago. about half of them were intact. I usually get on the high side for my auctions because of the way I list them, and I only got approx. a dollar a figure.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    you look to have figures from both the He-man and She-ra line

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He-Man.org is a great message board with a large membership that can tell you a lot about these, and you may even find some folks who might be interested in these if they're for sale.

The leg deformation is rather common, unfortunately. The rubber band inside, as you know, seems to warp, and the legs get all fudged up because too many owners leave them lying around and not standing. Not that it would help much. An unfortunate design flaw. You've got quite an interesting assortment of characters, and good ones at that! :) 

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for all the help guys :)  If the person decides to sell them i will contact those that were interested in some, of if anyone else is interested in some just PM and let me know what ones :) 

Thanks again