Master Galvatron Review w. pics and comparison to Master Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Kupp, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Robot Mode:
    Initially Master Galvatron has a very striking appearance when compared to his previous paint scheme. First off the silver body is a marvelous silver metallic plastic. It is very shiny but not quite chrome, which I hope means it is far more resiliant to scratching. Also by not being actual chrome there should not be any danger of flaking. This is much a welcome improvement over Megatrons grey chest area. Galvatron's black limps with the fire-orange highlights also work well with the rest of his body. His paint aplications are actually different than Megatron's, particularly on the legs.

It is also important to notice that they painted Galvatron's nose to match his face. Since I noticed this I cannot help but look at Megatron's unpainted nose, it just looks so odd now.

Galvatron's cockpit located in his chest is also painted. The orange plastic, with black and silver paint works well with the rest of the mold and is also an improvement over the lack of any paint in that area and simply clear plastic in his Megatron incarnation.

Galvatron's decepticon ignition key is also made from matching translucent red/orange plastic. One other minor differance is that the Destron symbols on Galvatron and Megatron are slightly different shades of purple.

[​IMG]

Dragster Mode:
    Again I find Master Galvatron's color selection to be far superior. His front pylons are all grey, with the spikes being black whereas Megatrons are grey with two different shades of purple. The Red/orange plastic is used very sparingly in this form, mostly toward the rear of the vehicle, but also on his cockpit. The Silver and Black in this mode is very appealing. The only short falling is that the front pylons are grey plastic instead of silver like the rest of the figure.

One thing you will notice in this mode and in his jet mode is the use of black screws, or rather the lack of silver screws. Look at Megatron and Galvatron's feet/spoilers. On Megatron there are silver screws which are clearly visible, on Galvatron those screws now match the plastic.

[​IMG]

Jet mode:
    Again Master Galvatron's Silver and Black color scheme work to make and impressive and threatening vehicle mode. My only complaint with this mode is the fact that Galvatron ends up with a silver rear center and the rest of him is black. The silver center with black elsewhere works far better in his Robot mode than here. It makes it a bit difficult to make out in this form, which is further complicated by the fact I took these images against my black desk.

Articulation:
    In mechanical features Master Galvatron is functionally Identical to Master Megatron. My Galvatron's planet force key features are alot tighter than my Megatron's. Megatron's features often open or active on their own, whereas Galvatron's do not. That could be simply the particular toys I have or the fact I got Master Megatron used whereas Master Galvatron is brand new.

Conclusions, if your looking for Megatron you might be better off getting the Cybertron release. Master Galvatron however is an increadable figure which I highly recommend to anyone. He is one of my favorites from the last several years and definately worth picking up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ikado

ikado Cuttlebot

Ebay:
    sweet! thanks for the pics. good review.

3. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Let's all make POOP!

Nice Review. :)  ( Filling out order now! ) I was wondering does anyone know if this figure will be released on the Cybertron Series, or is this a Galaxy Force exclusive?

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He will definitely be released in Cybertron, as will the extremely expensive and limited Dark Ligerjack (as Nemesis Breaker, a regular release, non-exclusive figure).

With the exception of the Ramble/Scrapmetal drones (Hasbro's only releasing the red one, plus another that Takara's not releasing), if it's in the show, you can pretty much guarantee that Hasbro'll put it on the shelves in some capacity.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I probably made a mistake in getting Megatron. I've been unsatisfied with the figure on pretty much every level (Articulation is the only one that springs to mind that I'm happy with). Galvatron looks very good, but I don't think it'll be worth it to pick it up again, or at least wait and try to nab on sale/clearance.

That said, great review, Galvatron looks very sharp.

6. PrimeTime

PrimeTime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Argh, look what you guys made me do! On the way back from mailing some Transformers away to their new owners, I stopped by the local toy store and they happened to have one left. So now minus $50 later, I now own one of these too! How much does Master Megatron sell for in Cybertron?

7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Cybertron Megatron is about $40. I think this guy's worth the extra 10 bucks you paid!

The new paint scheme is great, and the updated detailing/mold quality is phenominal.

8. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

great looking figure def. mor imposing than megatron

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I really dont like megatron but the silver for galvatron REALLY helps sell this mold.

10. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    I picked up my Master Galvatron yesterday, having previously made the mistake of buying Megatron, and... wow! I'd never really appreciated just what a huge difference a good colour scheme can make. This is one impressive figure.

11. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

awsome review, thanks for the comparisson shots

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still prefer Megatron. Galvatron's colorscheme just looks really boring next to Megs. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see him in person, but for now I like Megatron more.

I really love the painted cockpit on Galvatron, though. Damn, but that looks nice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Megatron's color scheme looks like they gave a toddler some pastels and let him throw them at the toy. Galvatron's color scheme is sex.

• Like Like x 1