2D Artwork: Master Fwiffo's Animated Movie Decepticons - Design Sketches and Bios

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Master Fwiffo, May 18, 2008.

1. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    This would have been up Monday were it not for a hard drive crash. Ahem.

I rarely venture into this forum. Because I suck. :p  However, Animated has swept me up in a wave of love and adoration. I haven't enjoyed a Transformers series this much since, well, Beast Wars. Animated has gotten me so hooked, that doodles fill up my notes during class. It is from these doodles that these images were born.

I love Animated so much, that I wanted to blend stuff from other TF series I love into it. Because Animated's whacky style is the only Transformer's style I've been able to draw with any reasonable success, well, I've been quiet sketchy in class. The first round of canidates was, of course, the Movie Decepticons.

These sketches are crude, pencil drawn, and scanned. I apologize for that. The Bios were written specifically to immitate those on the Hasbro Animated website - random Caps and all. But enough talk.

First up we have the guy who you absolutely knew you were going to see as soon as you saw 'Movie' and 'Master Fwiffo', here he is, my buddy, Bonecrusher.

[​IMG]

My primary concern with drawing these characters was keeping them within the 'style'. I'm by no means perfect at this. But I've seen at least three other interpretations of 'Animated Bonecrusher', and all looked 'off' to me - two were the movie style drawn badly, and the third looked nothing like the guy. With all of these characters, I did my best to find a happy medium between the two - guys you could recognize instantly, but still looked like they came from Derrik Wyat's sketchbook - and Bonecrusher is the guy I'm happiest with.

His flag-claw got cut off a bit in the scan, and I didn't draw the 'scythe' transformation I had invisioned for it, but you get the general idea. His vehicle-mode claw was difficult to decide what to do with - my favorite idea was one of the other Animated Bonecrusher sketches I saw, which turned it into a Hockey stick, but I felt that didn't fit my interpretation of the character. I drew him once with a flag, and liked the look, so it stayed.

Next up is Bonecrusher's not-as-loved twin, Brawl!

[​IMG]

Brawl's body has changed innumerable times since I first doodled him, but his head has remained unchaged - and is, in fact, the inspiration for his current design. The 'vaugly-cowboy'-ish head I designed for him tickled my fancy, but I could never nail a desperado look down. So I took it another direction - he's a full blown evil Crocodile Dundee. I think we could all use more Decepticons with Austrailian Accents.

[​IMG]

Unlike Brawl, Blackouts body remained virtually unchanged since sketch one, while his head went through a number of redesigns. I had difficulty working with it - did I want him to have a visor, or eyes, a huge chin, a tiny chin, and how should he look, ect. ect. On the eyes, I ended up giving him both - that second sketch is his 'battle mode', and the two 'horns' move down to become shades - and I eventually I decided on a goth-emo-punk rocker look, something vaugely creepy.

And on review, those arm cannons turned out like crap. Ew.

Finaly, here's everybodies favorite Bad-Cop, Barricade.

[​IMG]

Barricade was difficult to nail. He's the most different from his movie incarnation, but I really wanted to hit the 'bad-cop' vibe. I was this close to giving him a ciggarette and a beat stick. But cooler minds prevailed. The mustache - and this didn't turn out well, so I apologize - is supposed to be like Wreck-Gars, painted on.

Incidently, his tech specs were a micrometer away from including the words 'And Donuts'.

So, that's my little presentation. If people like them, I might finalize a few other designs - a couple left over Movie TF's *cough FRENZY cough*, and a spattering of 'bots from other Continuities - Sky-Byte, Moonracer and others. Hope you enjoyed me ramblings!

2. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Well, I decided to go back and do a couple more. Finish off the Movie Decepticons at least. Heh.

The first thing we have is... MOVIE STARSCREAM.

Wait... what? There already is an Animated Starscream? Well, that won't do. So here's a slightly renamed Movie Starscream!

[​IMG]

I never intended to do Movie Starscream when I set out, but boredom overcame me one class period, and having drawn every other bot I could think of, I decided to give it a whirl. I liked what I saw. So I quick name-slap (That's still kinda appropriate, come to think of it), and there he is.

Damnit, Jet's are frikken hard to draw. That thing's awful.

Next up is FRENZY!
    [​IMG]

I wanted him to look weird and bizarre, and, well, he does. Good for little old Frenzy.

Finally, a couple of surprises. We've got DISPENSOR AND SCORPINOK!

[​IMG]

Scorpinok I intended to do from the begining, but never got him to look quite right, till I pretty much copied down a Sumdac Police Drone and worked with it (I always intended to base him off a Sumdac Police drone). He's pretty unintresting.

Dewbot - I'm sorry, Dispensor - was an interesting idea that hit me like a ton of bricks. I made a sketch that looked vaugly Super-heroish, and went with it. A little much? Maybe. I was never able to recapture the original look I intended though - stupid superheroish with a hint of an evil smile. Couldn't remake that smile worth anything. Ah well.

-edit- Wow, I just realized I totally forgot the Quotes and the Hasbro TM Formating. Ah well, only Thunderwing would have had a quote, and I suspect it wouldn't have been a good one.

So, now that that the movie Cons are done (I have no intention of doing Megatron because he'll look just like the Animated Cybertron Mode Megatron, except badly drawn), I'm trying to decide who to finalize next. So, I'll let you guys decide! I've got the following designs done enough that I can work with 'em, so tell me which one's you'd like to see:
    Nightbeat
    Moonracer
    Cryotek
    Sky-Byte
    Obsidian
    Stryka
    Tankor
    Astrotrain
    Vector Prime
    Evac
    Override
    Quintesson
    The Terrorcons

So, list off some guys you'd like to see, and I'll work on em on and off over the summer!

3. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

These are cool. And I'd have to say you should finish The Terrorcons first, quickly followed by all the rest, haha.

4. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Blackout looks like Geminiman.

5. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Looks good!