Massive Toy Factory Closure In China

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Oct 19, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its rather scary to speculate the future, esp as the 'average' person on this planet is little more than a subsistence farmer if im not mistaken, also if im not mistaken the most common actvity for humans if actually pulling weeds!!

2. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

AMEN to that its so true ACRON and the democratic party pushed for this and fannie mae and freddie mac obliged when the senate republicans including Mcain in 2004 and 2005 tried to reform the system and it was blocked by the democratic party and yes I am a registered democrat but blame needs to be placed where blame belongs

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we can't talk about this stuff can we?? i would like to but i don't want any more ponts lol

4. _Soundwave_

_Soundwave_ I am listening

News Credits:
    :lol  This makes me laugh.

5. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

No, not on this board.

There's a reason I didn't mention any parties, candidates, etc.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I think having EVERYONE industrialized is a bit of a pipe dream for the foreseeable future. That's like saying you wish everyone could be rich, or the infamous "can't we all just get along?"
    However, ignoring that bit, I'd guess if we ever do reach the point where everyone's industrialized, we'll have advanced technologically to the point where manufacturing can easily be done entirely by an automated process, with little to no overseeing.

I like you, too. Everybody, listen to this guy!

7. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    I am not amused....

8. mecha

mecha Banned

cancelled and to be replaced with care bears...

9. mecha

mecha Banned

well. walmart and a couple of other companies have made the retail world their bitch...not our fault they have located their corporate headquarters in the United states....

10. mecha

mecha Banned

well then you lost that chance for those TF's at that price...you shot your self in the foot...by non buying a TF you are not helping or hurting those workers in china...those TF's on the shelf were paid for labor wise many many months ago...so wishful thinking is not going to do ONE IOTA in changing the current issues there...that will not happen until China starts to treat it's citizens as people and not just looking at them as a resource to be used and extorted...

11. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

I'm not sure those "big American-owned" companies would be willing to pay more for Chinese workers if they aren't even willing to pay more for American workers.

I realize that America is the land of opporitunity and that our economy has been built on free enterprise, but these big companies have shot themselves in the foot by outsourcing so much of America's manufacturing base overseas. We don't make anything that's really worth a damn anymore, and we are shipping in more and more goods on a daily basis that we need just to survive.

Hopefully we can snap back, but I'm thinking it's going to take some time and a little more than the US Congress pumping billions of dollars worth of "funny money" into an economic system that seems to cater to the haves as opposed to the have nots.

12. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

Nooo this could spell out disaster meaning higher prices for us and low supply of stock

13. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Don't go overboard on that assumption. There is only one reason that labor is outsourced to China: That is because it is currently the cheapest option.

Should that change, labor will simply be moved elsewhere - India, Africa, Mexico... Or eventually, some of it could come back to the USA. They will go wherever the business formulas indicate is most profitable.

But don't think that the companies will simply quit should labor prices go up. The product will evolve and they will make different toys in different quantities as dictated by the market... But business conditions change all the time and corporations are quite capable of adapting when needed.