Massive Dynamic in ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Deadend, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I keep hearing a rumor about Massive Dynamic or at least a CEO of it is in ROTF. It also occurs to me, that with sector 7 gone, and even with using NEST, the government could still find outside interests to help understand the technology and applications, while not the origin thereof. So the company wouldn't know where exactly it came from. Or it could in various sections.

What made me take more note of that as of late, is the fact www.MassiveDynamic.com is live, though still being completely outfitted.

It makes a small reference in the press section.

"Massive Energetic thanks the MD family for its support during rescue of Antarctic field survey team. All team members are present and accounted for!"
    Could they have been at Megatron's initial impact site, or looking for further debris/artifacts?

Massive Dynamic is also a corporation in Fox's new show Fringe, written by Kurzman and Orci. Fringe's Massive Dynamic has also already shown a strong affinity to machinery and mechanics. The Chief Operating Officer, Nina Sharp, has a highly advanced neural controled arm prothesis. Borderline Frenzy advanced.

The Prometheus aspect behind the corporation(the original name of it even going to be as such) at first also brings some questions to the forfront. Like what being is so far greater than them that they are stealing the secrets from? Or will it be more akin to Global Dynamics and their Artifact from before the big bang? Or heck, is Massive Dynamic who Beverly was working for? The shows' tones don't match, but Beverly did have quite a dark angle.

I've yet to bother to look fully into the www.NEST.org details since the site has yet to go live, but I'm guessing that may also yield yet more clues and questions.

Right now this is purely circumstantial based on small tidbits that can be gathered and is probably just something similiar to "Slusho" that ran through lost and heroes for Cloverfield. At the very least, I expect Fringe to probably have or be associated to the televised premiere of the ROTF trailer or teaser.
    Anyone else find anything that could potentially be a tie-in, cross-series promotion, or other viral campaign evidence? How soon will we see it this time? Or will they forego it this round?

2. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Logo is the same so I'm pretty sure this is viral marketing for Fringe, not Transformers. Apparently, MassiveDynamics was a placeholder for the corporation in RotF which, rumor has it, has been changed to McLaren Robotics (or something similar to that). I doubt they'd use the same name, especially if Fringe takes off.

3. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Still it'd be neat. xD But yeah, it's most definitely for fringe, but since marketing would cross pretty well on those commercial wise, it does make me wonder on the possibilities. Which can only be found in more details, nods, or other viral marketing.

Fringe being an episodic, all fringe areas of sciences does kinda leave hope open that hasbro would sign off on at least one minor appearance eventually. As doubtful as it is, weirder marketing things have happened. Cops and X-files for one.

So then what's the new name of the company that's being used now instead?
    Can't exactly look for stuff about it without the right name. xD

Mclaren results so far:

http://www.gseis.ucla.edu/~mclaren/blog/?p=186
    Has some interesting thoughts on the subject including aspects about the governments new Future Combat Systems programme. Which iRobot Corporation is now doing. They make stuff like http://www.irobot.com/sp.cfm?pageid=342 which is rather wow. Though still seems rather lowkey. But frighteningly enough, that's actual real world public knowledge stuff, not what's planned for soon. o_O 

http://www.onworld.com/
    This one might be reaching but...
    Notice the image on the bottom? It is kinda reminiscent of the S7 logo and site effects.

Then there's www.nest.com which seems to have been bothered often by people wanting to register it. It is a common word many might try.
    I tend to lean the nest.org for now, as it mirrors the .org of S7 besides the nettiquette on why.

Some form of viral should be prepping soon though if the teaser comes in fall, and it usually has the first clue that leads to unlocking the 'puzzle' so to speak. Has there been any hint in the movie comics as of yet?

So far the only supporting evidence to MCclaren Robotics I can find is IMDB as source, and they aren't reliable.

4. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Glad you started this thread, because some time ago I also wanted to make a similar one. The first time I heard of this 'Massive Dynamic' company, was when I read about a casting call for a CEO for this company. Could this maybe be some kind of company which helps the Autobots with building some kind of operations base? That's what I was thinking of.

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    crossovers ftw

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it would be pretty cool to call the company Massive Dynamics since the writers have the company in their show Fringe. It would be like the little fun bits of how they used to connect things like Tranformers and GI Joe in little ways.

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    It would be cool to see William Bell (head of MD) in TF2 but I doubt that these two separate entities could share any kind of crossover. Hell, the only thing in common are two of the writers. Different producers, directors, distribution companies, production companies, etc.

I'm not saying that the couldn't throw us a bone here or there in some tertiary marking website like massivedynamic.com but they won't outright crossover or specifically share anything.

8. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    I knew I heard it somewhere but I was pretty sure it was through the boards here. But if the only source is IMDB I'd throw that out until something more substantial comes along.

I still don't think they'll be using the name Massive Dynamics for a corporation in TF2 unless it's an incredibly small roll - an easter egg, if you will. If this corporation rebuilds Megatron as rumored then I'd say it's too important a part to be sharing a name with Fringe.

Cross marketing between the two would be cool, though.

9. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

It should be Extensive Enterprises. That would be awsome.

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    It would be cool to see something realted to the movies in Fringe, but I highly doubt that since Paramountowns the movie rights and hasbro owns the franchise rights. So the most we can expect if a crossover is going to happen, are little nods in Fringe.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Didn't Steve Tom's website state that he had been cast for ROTF, and IMDB lists him as the CEO of either McLaren Robotics or Massive Dynamics?

I wonde rif he's going to be the movie version of G.B. Blackrock. Bob Orci already confirmed that Bay had rejected the name "Blackrock" as "too cartoony".

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Steve Tom's website said he was cast for a CEO in ROTF, not sure if it states company name.

IMDB says MCclaren Robotics, and we know how reliable they are.

As for the Fringe connection, we haven't seen all their CEO's yet. And just because it's a CEO doesn't mean it'll have to be Bell. =)

Heroes, Lost among some other shows did some mild crossover work with Cloverfield. All seperate companies as well, so I'm guessing it might be a nod in that regard unless a deal was struck we are unaware of, or they use a 'transformer' and have it indirectly related. Meaning it could be a transforming alien robot, but not officially a transformer/cybertronian. Or it could be a fragment of the allspark, without being a 'named' allspark. Moreso probably back to the other sci-fi names for that type of item. I tend to like the word Cubelith. Bad Robot(?) is the name of the company that made Fringe?

Anyone else have any info on potential viral connections?
    Virals don't adhere to the same rules as direct media. So if it's the same, that's still possible for a dual use if that's the case.
    And for clarification, it's Massive Dynamic. Massive Dynamics is too close to Global Dynamics from Eureka.