Massive Action Game (MAG)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Trailbreaker77, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

What does everyone this of this title? The Beta has started and I have been lucky enough to be picked. Anyone else on here get picked? This game was not on my radar for this year to many other good titles that rank higher on my must get list. But this beta may change my mind.

2. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

If it works I just may get a PS3. The thought of rank actually meaning something in online games tickles me pink.

Chuck

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    What i have seen from it didn't look overly great but to be fair only one game has ever looked impressive on the PS3 (MGS4) so if you report back and say it has superb gameplay, along with it being robust and a quality FPS with multiplayer depth akin to Call of Duty 4/Resistance 2 then I will well and truly be into it :) 

Whats its main selling point though? Is it the number of players on a map at any one time?

4. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

256 player is what I read. You also gain rank but as you gain rank you are given leadership roles from squad leader up. With the leadership types they have different voice channels you can swap between so its not one big garbled mess.

Chuck

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I've just a little reading up on it and the whole 3 factions and squad/platoons idea sounds awesome, quite a unique spin on the whole ranking system. Even though someone will be given the responsibility to "lead" it will be interesting to see if its actually pulled off well as im sure not everyone has a head set and/or listens to others.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

im getting this game when it comes it.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is this coming out? Wish I could give the beta a try.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its out January 2010 I believe.

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah ok thanks!

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Playing this one by ear. At this point, I don't care for it (Shooters are not my thing, much less ones combined with MMOR elements), but if enough people I know are having fun with it, I'll dawn the armor and guns and go back to my Commando days.

11. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I got into the beta, doubt I'll get to play much of it. The times are pretty inconvenient for me. The concept sounds cool but I've never played a game that the mass populace play like the designers intended.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'm pretty much the same way. Unless this game is supposed to be incredible I doubt I'll get it. Though it would have been much more interesting as a Third person shooter, as they just seem to work better for me. FPSs never really did it for me, but third person shooters are just fine. Maybe I just like seein my guy in action, especially if it's something with customizable outfits and designs.

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I would be totally badass at this game. I would get it, but I dont own a PS3.

This is one of the games that would make me want to get a PS3 though. Heh, what I could do is buy a copy of the game and then mooch off my friends PS3.