Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wal-Mart in Pittsfield has a full assortment of Studio Series Deluxes (2 each of Bumblebee, Ratchet, Crowbar, Stinger), no sign of any Leaders or Voyagers. Also 1 each of PotP Elita-1 and Hun-Grr.

2. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Haverhill Target had one POTP Hun-gurr

3. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Seekonk Target had 1 Swoop, 1 Slag/1 Slug & 1 Dreadwing when I visited on Monday.

4. Carnage73

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I saw Studio Series #'s 1-4 at Fairhaven Wal-Mart on Sunday.

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Target at the Berkshire Mall in Lanesborough has Studio Series Wave 1 Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders out. I grabbed the lone Optimus (already have Blackout and Starscream) but there's one each of Starscream, Blackout, and Grimlock, and 2 each of the Deluxes.

6. Carnage73

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    2 PotP Elita 1's available at Fairhaven Wal-Mart besides Studio Series #'s 1-4.

7. Veleno

Veleno Well-Known Member

Found a SS Leader Grimmy at Easton Target.

8. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Lynn Wal Mart has SS Ratchet and Crowbar

9. DanLyons

DanLyons Little-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Stopped by the Framingham TRU today and they're still unpacking deliveries from the warehouse. Looked like they just got in a case of Wave 1 Prime Masters and Studio Series Thundercracker. Not a Transformer but still a robot: they had a pair of Sphero Lightning McQueens which are pretty cool pieces of tech if a bit pricey.

10. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Extra 10% off Fram TRU today.

11. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

May 27th.
    New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date May 27th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon May 27th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) A Titan returnes. Soon Predaking will get his BIG UPGRADE who's getting this and why?
    (2) The art of a collector. Prints, posters, Tee Shirts ,and other artifacts. Let's see how you work them into your collection. (3) Store bound exclusive toys. Are the really exclusive? Let's talk about it. Keep an eye out for our other great events planned for 2018 at this location. "Until all have one.

12. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So did the Route 9 route today.

Walmart is a desert as always. I seriously don't know why I even bother.

Target had Studio Series and a few wave 1 PotP deluxes shelfwarming like everywhere else. I did manage to pick up the only Rodimus Unicronus I've ever seen. They must have found a Leader Wave 2 case or something. There's no other PotP leaders or voyagers there though, so don't bother.

I went to probably my second to last trip to Toys R Us. Despite 1000 people being laid off by TRU on May 15th in Massachusetts, it's still open. Everything is 40-60% off with action figures mostly 50% off. As far as Transformers are concerned, they only have some Infernocons and Mission to Cybertron Cybertrons/Primuses left, all at 50% off. I picked one up. I figure that at $75 for an exclusive Supreme class... yeah I probably overpaid a little historically speaking for an old mold I never got, but the next price cut, which would probably be 60% off, would only save me 15. Better to get it now than wait for the Ebay scalpers when prices truly hit rock bottom. But hey, there are 3 left for anyone who wants one. I think this day in age, with leaders at 45% and titans for $150, a Supreme at $75 isn't terrible. Maybe if it has been here (or better yet $65), it would have sold and not shelf warmed. But $150? It's a microcosm of why TRU died horribly.

TRU was very busy for what its worth, and they're just dumping their inventory, so there is a lot of non-TF stuff. But a lot of it isn't selling, because its trash. 2017 Movie Power Rangers still clog up every shelf in sight. Overpriced $20 MSRP Marvel Legends of characters nobody cares about still aren't selling. WWE clogs shelves. Various toys for adults, of course, don't move. I really hope some TRU and more importantly Hasbro, et. al. executive walks through one of these stores and see why even at 50% off, their bad and ugly action figures don't sell.

When TRU's closure was announced, I was sad about it. But walking through it today, and seeing the stuff they had in their warehouses and couldn't move? At least from the action figure angle, it deserves it, and toy makers deserve every bit of misery that comes to them from TRU closing. They made this happen, on the backs of thinking kids and parents would buy pieces of crap like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not that we Transfans should talk though.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Saw Inferno at Fenway Target, might show up elsewhere soon.

14. negative

negative Well-Known Member

I saw Inferno at Holyoke Target yesterday.

There is a deal going where you get $10 off on a toy purchase of $50 with the Target app. I didn’t have my technology with me yesterday and when I went back today to get Inferno and Grimlock I was too late.

Thank you

15. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Framingham Target, in addition to all the Studio Series shelfwarming has PotP Deluxe Wave 1 restocked, 1 Rodimus Unicronus and 1 Grimlock. There are no Inferno's out, but the presence of Grimlock today (he wasn't there last week) means that there was one. That Rodimus Unicronus is the second one... I bought one from there last week. With both Optimus Prime leaders nowhere to be found, I think we can assume they got two cases of leaders, and two have been put out and aside from the last Rodimus Unicronus, have sold through.

The Boston Post Road (eastern) Target has two full cases of Wave 1 PotP Deluxe Restocked, along with the entirety of Studio Series. There are tons of Studio Series leaders. Most exciting though this that. They had one Grimlock and one Inferno out. I picked up the Inferno, but they probably have another case in the back. Lastly they have two PotP leader Optimus Primes and one Rodimus Unicronus.

16. negative

negative Well-Known Member

Hadley Target had two Infernos today. I bought one.

They also had Optimus and Rodimus Whatever.

Thank you

17. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

Grabbed Alpha Trion and Alchemist Prime prime masters at Target Braintree. First time seeing them in the wild.

• Like Like x 1
  18. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Any good collectible shops in Boston or Cambridge? I'm visiting on business. Mostly interested in masterpiece TF's and third party.

Thanks in advance!

19. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Check Comicazi in Somerville it’s a town over from Cambridge. A couple stops on the red line. They have a rotating inventory on TFs and such. Hard to walk out of that store without buying something we usually have our collectors group meet up there every other month. Lot of vintage toys as well, across all genres.

20. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Thanks!

Just stopped in there. Pretty awesome place!