Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any chance these pillaged TRUs get restocked? Or is this it?

Also why is Framingham/Natick always slow getting stuff? A month later and no Wave 2 anything.

2. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they still have distribution centers to empty, but your guess is as good as mine as to where all the product might be headed.

3. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up - According to most reports, the Toys "R" Us sale was supposed to have started today, but I found this sign in the window at Woburn and a friend has told me that Dartmouth isn't having their sale today, either.

I would recommend calling first before heading to any location, if it's out of your way.

Sorry for the sideways picture. I don't have time to fix it to the site's liking.

Attached Files:

4. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 03/25/2018 "A Day with Rik Alvarez"
    Sunday March 25th
    New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date March 25th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon March 25th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be "A day with Rik Alvarez" Who is Rik Alvarez you ask?
    Rik Alvarez is the former Creative Manager of the Transformers and G.I. Joe brands. While at Hasbro, he impacted many different facets of the brands including film, television, toys and intellectual property development. He was an integral part of developing the series Transformers PRIME and GI Joe Renegades. Before joining Hasbro full time, Rik worked with the Transformers Collectors Club to develop exclusive products and assist with various parts of Botcon the official Transformers convention. Since leaving Hasbro, Rik has authored a new book The Unofficial Guide to Vintage Transformers 1980s through 1990s. His previous works include The Unofficial Guide to Japanese and International Transformers and Beast Wars Transformers An Unofficial Guide. There will be a official book signing event from 2pm until 4pm prior to our meeting. I hope to see you guy's on the 25th Keep an eye out for our other great events planned for 2018 at this location. "Until all have one.

5. negative

negative Well-Known Member

Found the second wave of PoP deluxes at Hadley Target yesterday. There was at least one of each.

Thank you

6. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    POTP Dlx wave 2 were at Swansea Target, but gone now except for maybe a Blackwing. Seekonk Target got 'em too, was at least 1 of each except Moonracer when I left this afternoon.

7. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

Anybody find the prime master wave 2 yet in the wild?

8. Optimus007

I grabbed a Shockwave at Walgreens with the 20% off coupon today

9. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

I'm going to just come out and say it. I'll probably get mocked or challenged but I don't care...

This is the BEST Shockwave figure that Hasbro (NOT Takara) has ever made since G1 Shockwave. He's painfully simple, but for the dollar value, the likeness is fantastic and he looks so beautiful. I only wish he had bendable knees, a pseudo-gun mode, and a more hidden hand cannon in alt mode.

10. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Nah you're completely correct. It's pretty remarkable the lengths we have to go to in order to get "vanilla" G1 characters. I mean how many Voyager "Shockwaves" has Hasbro made the last 15 years? Energon Shockblast, Animated Shockwave, Beast Hunters Shockwave. All pretty good but with line-specific design queues or features. It takes the cheapo line to get a no frills, good looking Shockwave.

It's the same situation with Starscream too. There's been lots of Voyager Starscreams. But a Voyager Starscream that looks G1y? The best main line we got is PotP, which is of course, trash, and the alternative is again, cheapo line.

It really shouldn't be this hard.

11. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

100% agreed.

12. Optimus007

I agree as well. Shockwaves looks great with other figures as well. I don’t need him for anything more than standing with Decepticon command

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Studio Series showing up at Targets on Brickseek... I had to ask someone to get from stockroom though.

14. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Leaders?

15. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

Yup, snagged BO today. They also had Grim.

16. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

I can also confirm, I picked up a BO from the Westborough Target earlier today

17. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Aw man, I ordered a BO off Amazon as soon as I saw them go up earlier today. That's fine. I can wait. Thanks for your confirmations, though. At least they're hitting the shelves now.

18. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Just snagged the last Cyber Battalion Shockwave from the Walgreens in Framingham near Whole Foods. If Transformers are in Rt. 9, they're everywhere since it's the black hole for new releases in this state. And he is amazing.

Target at Framingham looks like they opened two cases of PotP Deluxes Wave 1 and Legends Wave 1. No wave 2 there. Because of course Rt 9 would never have Wave 2.

I don't think the Framingham TRU has sold a single product in the last two weeks.

19. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

Glad to hear you grabbed Shockwave—I used to live out near that Framingham Walgreens but I don't get out there much anymore. It took me almost a dozen stores until I spotted him in Milford, but it was worth the hunt. He's so simple and yet the best Hasbro Shockwave figure I've ever seen. Really hoping someone makes an upgrade kit for his knees and hopefully his biceps. Best $18 I've spent in a long time.

20. Mal

Mal Web Head

Holyoke Target has one leader blackout and 1 leader Grimlock and 1 deluxe BB, Ratchet, and Crowbar.

Blackout is hidden behind Grimlock