Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 01/28/2018
    Sunday January 28th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date January 28th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon January 28th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Power of the Primes. The next wave of generations is in full swing.who's geting them and why.
    (2) The art of display. Plastic crack, glass, lights, wood, MDF, and dust. How do you display your bots? What's next in collection displays. (3) 2018 new year, new bots, and new members. What should be our next move? What would you like to see next. Keep an eye out for our other great events planned for 2018 at this location. "Until all have one.

2. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 each of the POTP leaders at Target in Everett.

They look a lot better in person, but at $45 I still can’t bite. Optimus especially looks cool, so I’ll hope to grab him on clearance some day.

3. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So there is a ton of stuff on Route 9.
    Target has PotP Leaders, and still most of the TLK stuff shelfwarming. Maybe some PotP smaller Wave 1. They don't look like they've been seriously restocked in a while though.

Toys R US has TLK shelfwarming stuff, and a Fortress Maximus, 3 $150 Primuses that will never ever sell, and PotP Wave 1 all except Leaders including Grimlock and Starscream. And plentiful. They're all there Prime masters, Legends, Deluxes and Voyagers. There is also a TR Krok hidden on a peg if you missed him.

I didn't go into Framingham Walmart because it's a hole in the world. Seriously, the Walmart I used to go to in Pittsburgh was clean and bright. This one I want to wear a hazmat suit and bring a flash light.

Lastly just to confirm, Babies-R-Us has the "store closing" sign, but Toys-R-Us does not and there is no unusual sales, so that TRU should be staying open.

4. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

The Walmart where Rte 6 meets Rte 118 (just off exit 3 of I-195) has clearanced TR. They had lots of Deluxes for $10 each (no Wave 5, though), and Broadside and Megatron for $20 each.

5. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

Dedham TRU has almost exactly what you just listed from the Framingham TRU. At least a dozen wave 1 Prime Masters. No Leaders yet though.

My friends and I have been referring to the Framingham Walmart as "The Framingham Asylum" for over 15 years or so now. It's pretty bad in there. The only two Walmarts that I've been to that are marginally worse are the Worcester and Salem Walmarts. I refuse to ever set foot in the Worcester store again, unless it's an emergency. The tidiest and best-looking Walmart I've ever been to is in Leicester.

Anyone spotted the Evil Rodimus leader figure yet? He's been popping up here and there around the country. Wave 2 Legends showed up at a NC Walmart recently too but they weren't in their system.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Grabbed PotP Legends Wave 2 Tailgate, Battleslash, and Roadtrap this afternoon at Walmart in Pittsfield. There should be a couple left of each on shelves. Also bought a PotP Leader Rodimus Unicronus... I was shocked to see this in store considering how Berkshire County is typically far behind the rest of the country with retail Transformers. There's one PotP Leader Optimus left, and I recommend it highly.

7. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is amazing that you can go into the Natick mall and all the other places around there that seem high dollar, then you walk into the Framingham Walmart and it feels like you are in a dead zone of boarded up trash.

Back on topic. I found Evil Leader Roddy at the Leominster Walmart along with an Optimus. I bought the Optimus and left the Rodimus since I already bought the regular Rodimus Prime for my son and he isn't getting both.

There weren't any Legends or Deluxe Wave 2 which I find odd since the leaders were there. Maybe they are waiting to sell off the 15 clearance SeaSprays they have.

8. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Salem Wal-Mart has hun-Grrr and Elita-1

9. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart in Saugus has a few more of the Wave 2 legends, one Elita, and one Rodimus Unicronus.

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Walmart in Oxford MA had 2 Rodimus Unicronus. Now it has 1.

11. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips! I grabbed Elita 1 at the Saugus Walmart along with battletrap and Tailgate. No Hun-Gurrs in stock.

12. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    WalMart in North Attleboro has lots of Roadtrap, Battleslash, and Tailgate. They weren't in the system as of tonight, and it took them forever to get the price, so maybe be prepared for that. Only other POTPs were 2 Dreadwinds.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimus007

I ended up bringing slash up and they rang in three since the legends were not in the system.

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Battleslash, Roadtrap, and Tailgate were spotted at Oxford, Chicopee, and Springfield Walmarts (via my girlfriend and a friend).

Springfield and Oxford didn't have any Tailgates, and Springfield doesn't have either 3 now (they were bought).

15. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Got in on the Roadtrap and Battleslash; didn't ring in, cashier gave em to me for 7 each.:thumb 

16. Dolf

Dolf New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Ebay:
    Did you happen to notice how many were left?

I haven't had a chance to make it over there yet.

17. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Couple of each, not much else on the shelves.

18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Found Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr at the Northbridge / Whitinsville Walmart. There were only one of each and I purchased them both.

19. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

W2 PotP Voys at Fenway Target (well, not any more). Could be sign that other Targets will have them soon.

20. Optimus007

Grabbed a Hun-Grrr at the Brockton walmart this morning. Left an Elita 1 behind. Caught up until wave 2 Deluxes start showing up in our area.