Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

A few targets, Saugus and South Bay has them. I’ve also seen them at a TRU express in Saugus.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Much appreciated.

3. sourcehill

sourcehill Well-Known Member

Hey boys, a little off-topic but I've decided to sell my entire S.H. Figuarts / Mafex Star Wars collection, all in-box. Anyone local to the Boston area collect high-end Japanese 6" Star Wars stuff? Hit me up!

Miss you all!

4. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

5. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date January 28th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon January 28th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Power of the Primes. The next wave of generations is in full swing.who's geting them and why.
    (2) The art of display. Plastic crack, glass, lights, wood, MDF, and dust. How do you display your bots? What's next in collection displays. (3) 2018 new year, new bots, and new members. What should be our next move? What would you like to see next. Keep an eye out for our other great events planned for 2018 at this location. "Until all have one.

6. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Salem Wal-Mart has the POTP deluxes and legends. And a lone Starscream and Rodimus.

7. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

Sad news for New England Toys 'R Us shoppers; multiple stores will be closing within the next few months:

MASSACHUSETTS
    Dedham: 302 Providence MA
    Millbury: 70 Worcester Providence Tpk/Rt 146 MA
    Holyoke: 50 Holyoke Street MA
    Bellingham: 217 Hartford Ave. MA
    Northborough: 6110 Shops Way MA
    Framingham: Shoppers World Plaza,1 Worcester Ro MA

RHODE ISLAND
    Warwick: 300 Quaker Lane

NEW HAMPSHIRE
    Nashua: 29 Gusabel Avenue NH

MAINE
    Bangor: 6 Bangor Mall Blvd. ME
    Portland: 200 Running Hill Road ME

Full listing is here:
    See if your Toys R Us store is on the closure list

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I was actually just coming here to post this. I'm really surprised about the Dedham and Framingham closings.

9. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Framingham one makes zero sense.

It's surrounded by high income towns, is in the middle of a very busy area (and does great business). It's also been there for like 40 years. I remember growing up and going into the old, incredible one in the original Shoppers World.

I don't like what they did to in recent years... turning it into a clincial, Ikea-inspired maze. Of course kids don't want to there. Not the fun we had growing up.

Even still... unbelievable it's closing. I hope it is reversed. I'll have to go to the Woburn one now. But that being said, the Woburn one is much more-classic style than the Framingham one.

TRU is really so fixable I think. The experience is just dogshit. That's problem one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Oh wow the one listed in NH is actually just a straight up Babies R Us. Which makes since as the TRU by the Pheasant Lane Mall is a combo TRU/Babies R Us store.

11. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am actually surprised that the Woburn TRU wasn't on the list. That location sort of is in the middle of nowhere.

12. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Yeah but they do tend to have stuff. Peabody TRU, while the area and mall has become all fancy, still has been super crappy with stock. I mean, I'm thankful for that off chance an MP or something makes me have to go there - down the street is better than 30min away to Woburn. But they've had junk for so long. I'd rather buy stuff from BBTS or something, as the price gouge, er "mark-up" is similar.

13. negative

negative Well-Known Member

Strictly speaking, the listing in Holyoke isn't a Toys R Us. It's a Babies R Us - and not a 'shared' location, just Babies.

I wouldn't be surprised if that gets moved to the Springfield TRU making it a combo deal.

Thank you

14. DanLyons

DanLyons Little-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sadly, this is probably the end of brick-and-mortar TRU for me. Framingham is pretty much the only one I’ve gone to for years.

15. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

It's in a shopping center, in between two of the wealthiest towns in the area, within a couple of miles of a mall where the cheapest place to shop is the Lego store. :tongue: 

16. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

New *UPDATE*

The Framingham TRU will NOT be closing, just the BRU that is a few stores down. Sorry for the confusion, I just recently received this clarification!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

18. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    I got a completely random, unlikely question. Does anyone have any old pictures of the pre-1995 TRU at the original shoppers world? Namely the inside?

19. StrifeZ

Ebay:
    Oh wow that is great news. How did you hear that?

20. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

A friend of mine actually went into the store a couple of days ago when the news was broken and spoke to the manager, and she confirmed that the store was there to stay, and that it is only the neighboring BRU that has plans to close.