Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

At Walmart in North Reading, I'm currently looking at two Kickbacks, two Bumblebees and two Gnaws. Debating on whether, or not, to buy one of the Gnaws, but the others will definitely still be here when I leave.

2. negative

negative Well-Known Member

Multiples of TR Hot Rod, Triggerhappy and Twinferno at Hadley Target this afternoon. I picked up Triggerhappy and it's a really great toy.

Thank you

3. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 03/26/2017

Sunday March 26th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Comicazi @ 407 Highland Ave in Somerville Mass. 02144 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date is March 26th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon March 26th will entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) just like Burger King have it your way! Transformer Collectors like to change the factory looks of their robots from tint to time. Stickers, Gundam and paint markers as well as 3rd party add on kits to full on Custom jobs help keep the scene fresh. How or what method do you use to keep your bots looking fresh and updated. (2) The Titans return line is still alive and kicking. What do you want to see next? (3) The Convention season will be coming up soon who going where and why? Keep an eye out for our other great event this year the date is listed here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

Has anyone spotted Wave 4 deluxes anywhere yet? According to the front page, they've already made it to Russia, so it's a little sad if they're not showing up here.

5. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

Bot Spots at Woburn Ma. Toys R Us

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well everything at Rt 9, including / especially TRU continues to be a big fat zero.

I don't even know why I bother checking that area anymore. The place is Star Wars Headquaters. TF? Might as well be 1994 all over again.

7. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

I saw the TRU pack over the weekend but passed for now. I'm going to wait for a coupon though, kind of disappointed with the straight repaint and that prime with the stickers. I did get my Six Shot last week from HTS and think it is fantastic!

8. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

Dedham TRU had 3x of the Chaos on Velocitron sets yesterday. $99.99 each. Wish the packaging had a window box to see the figures. I'll wait for a coupon, although when you break it down, $100 isn't bad for the number and size of the figures you're getting. Also present on the shelf was a Leader-class Six Shot and a Voyager Megatron, as well as multiple Wave 3 Deluxes. First time I've seen Six Shot at retail, I got mine from HTS about a month ago.

9. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

Is the Dedham TRU one of the stores that charges slightly more for certain popular items, or is that normal retail for the set?

10. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

In my experience, specifically both the Dedham and Peabody TRUs sometimes tend to have slightly higher in-store prices than other TRUs but not on every item. I believe this is due to the fact that they are relatively isolated from other locations and feel they can bump things up due to the lack of competition. Peabody is by FAR the worst offender though, with some items increasing by $1 to $10 depending on the size of the item. The way I've always handled this at the Dedham store (my primary hunting spot) is by having the cashier or manager price-match whatever it is that I'm buying to the website cost, which is generally lower.

In this particular case, with the Velocitron sets, I think $99.99 is the actual MSRP though, and Dedham has not jacked up the price.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Rethink your heroes TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Three TR Leader Sixshots at North Adams Walmart, for anyone in the area still looking.

12. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I went there today. There is only one in the picture you show, but there were at least six on the shelf next to two Fort Max's.

If anyone needs Chaos on Velocitron, they're certainly in the wild.

And just let me say this old Woburn TRU is so much better than the Framingham desert TRU. Very old school. Lots of action figure isles, packed with stuff in a maze. Reminds me of the TRU's of the 1990s and 1980s.

13. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

I bought Broadside today at target in Saugus. Two left on the shelf if anyone is looking.

14. IamSoundwave

IamSoundwave Well-Known Member

Does anyone want a Laser Prime? I'm going to sell him for $30.

15. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

I stopped into Dedham TRU today and was surprised to find a full case of the new TF5 movie legion figures ($6.99 each—oh, how prices continue to rise) as well as a full case of "Tiny Turbo Changers" blind bags ($3.99 each) on the shelf. I grabbed a couple of the Legions and a few of the TTCs, but when I got to the register, there was a problem—they weren't ringing up for sale. The cashier called over the store manager (who I know well and she likes me) and we learned that these have a street date of April 28th! That's over two weeks away, but the manager overrode the alert and sold them to me anyway. She then pulled all of the other product from the shelf and put it behind the service desk, grumbling that her employees must not like to read shipping boxes. There were no other figures there like Deluxes or Voyagers, just those two things.

I hit the Gamestop around the corner and found a few of the little fast-action-battler type figures from the movie as well, but did not try to buy those ones.
    17918288_631726953307_1578916762_n.jpg 17918391_631726943327_1558858595_n.jpg

16. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Man is new stuff showing up everywhere BUT the North Shore? A few days ago Peabody TRU had almost NOTHING. and nothing new has shown up anywhere else for a while.

17. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    1x RiD Combiner Force Deluxe Soundwave and 2 each of Blurr and Windblade at North Adams Walmart.

18. negative

negative Well-Known Member

3 Broadsides at Target in Hadley today. Combiner Force Blur and Windblade too.

Thank you

19. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    2 TR Broadside @ S.Attl Target yesterday; i got 1.
    Bits here and there of W3 TR Dlxs

20. Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    If anyone in the Pittsfield area is looking for TR Broadside, there's one at the Target at the Berkshire Mall and two at Walmart at Berkshire Crossing.