Massachusetts Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Lance Halberd, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Lynn Wal-Mart has two Powermaster Primes. Side note they were redoing their toy section a few days ago so they might be getting more in soon.

2. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

I think that Hot Rod might have been sealed at Comicazi. The box was open but the inner bubble was sealed. I could not verify if it was real or a KO because the other masterpiece in that lot was a KO so I priced it low. The KO"s I priced at $29 bucks

3. negative

negative Well-Known Member

In the past week or so I have seen the RID Combiner Force 2 packs (Bumblebee/Sideswipe & Strongarm/Prime) at the Targets in Hadley and Holyoke. Those stores had almost no other TFs though. Very little restock since Xmas.

Yesterday TRU in Springfield had lots of the later releases from RID (Ratchet, Starscream, Bisk etc.) Also a few TR Blasters.

Thank you

4. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If anyone was still looking for a TR Brainstorm, the Walgreens in Medford (Station Landing) has a TON.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  5. negative

Just picked up Kickback & Sharkticon at Target in Hadley. There was another Kickback and a few Bumblebees left.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  6. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

There was one Leader Class Titans Return Soundwave at the Westwood Target as of last night. I've had him since before Christmas (from HTS) but this is the first time I've seen him at regular retail, other than at the Norwood Newbury Comics on Halloween. Not many other TR figures on the shelf/pegs.

If anyone spots the new Legends Sharkticon/Kickback/Bumblebee wave closer to the Boston area, let me know! They're starting to hit Targets now. Still haven't seen them at any of the Walmarts I usually go to.

7. Veleno

Veleno Cannon Fodder

This morning, I spotted a single Bumblebee at the Target in Easton.

8. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

Thanks for the info! Good to know.

9. negative

2 Titans Return Soundwaves at Holyoke Target this afternoon.

Thank you

10. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

I found a full case of the newest Titans Return Legends wave (3x Bumblebee, 3x Gnaw, 2x Kickback) at Westwood Target today. I already had Kickback, so I took all of the Gnaws and one Bumblebee. Everything else is still in the store. They also had a lone TR Legends Laserbeak as well as a TR Leader Class Soundwave. I didn't even look at any of the other goofy-looking animated crap. Glad to finally find some Sharkticons at retail!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Can anyone confirm that their TRU's are getting ANYTHING related to the TR line past wave 2? The TRU down here on the Cape has had nothing newer than the Voyager class Wave 2 figures. Everything else has been wave 1. Hoping my store will be getting SOMETHING new soon. (only store stocking within an hour's drive)

12. Optimus007

Optimus007 Well-Known Member

Toys R Us has the least new action figure items of any of the chains. Haven't seen anything past voyager wave 2 for Transformers. Forget it when it comes to Star Wars, they are sitting on heaps of Dorce Awakens figures. Marvel Legends are all The Dr. Strange wave. They've given up on action figures. Even the Brockton store refuses to get their own Necca exclusives and when you ask them about if they are getting anything new they have no answers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

If you're looking for the NECA figures, ask the store manager to order them. Adam used to be my store manager down here on the Cape and is really good at doing things like that. Could be that Brockton doesn't have a NECA rep assigned like we do down here.

14. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

If anyone is looking, I spotted 1 titans return twinferno @ Truman highway Walgreens yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Airtight

Airtight Constructicon

Thanks to Tomagnus for the tip about Twinferno, I wasn't aware that Wave 3 had hit Walgreens. In fact, I hadn't even been to a Walgreens since October/November when I was searching for Brainstorm. I already have Twinferno, Rodimus and Triggerhappy from that case (purchased from Walpole Walmart before Christmas) but I needed Breakaway for myself and another Triggerhappy for a friend. Knowing the way Walgreens breaks up cases into totes and distributes figures in their stores, I presumed that Twinferno's casemates must be at other nearby Walgreens.

I ended up hitting 3 of the closest Walgreens to the Truman Highway store and here is what I found:

Dedham:
    1X Triggerhappy
    1X Blurr

Norwood:
    2X Brainstorm
    2X Highbrow
    1X Mindwipe
    1X Wolfwire

West Roxbury:
    1X Breakaway
    1X Twinferno
    1x Brainstorm

I purchased the Triggerhappy (from Dedham) and the Breakaway (from West Roxbury), everything else is still there if anyone wants it. These end up being $19.11 each after tax so they're a bit on the pricier side, but with the TF5 movie merchandise on the way (and these not showing up anywhere else for the past 2 months), I'm not taking any chances.

16. negative

New RID Combiner Force figs at Holyoke Target today: Stormshot and Blastwave, along with Starcsream, Stongarm and Grimlock.

Thank you

17. JETFIRE-XL

JETFIRE-XL Robot Hunter

New England Transformers Collectors Group Meet and Greet 02/26/2017

Sunday Febuary 26th

New England Transformer Collectors Group Meet and Greet. Merrymac Games and Comics at 550 Daniel Webster Highway Merrimac NH. 03054 has been nice enough to donate us a space to hold this meeting. The scheduled date is Sunday Febuary 26th from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm. Please consider this a formal invitation. If you would like to attend please PM me to RSVP. This is a free event; first come first served due to limited space. Also, feel free to bring a few bots to show off and display. So come on down and meet some fellow collectors. This event is hosted by JETFIRE-XL. Please feel free to pass this invite along if there is someone you know that might like to attend. Anyone who RSVP's by noon Febuary 26th will be entered into a raffle for a free Transformer figure. Raffle tickets will be issued at the event. The Topics for the next meeting will be (1) Hello hello high and here we go again. We're happy to be back in New Hampshire again who's new to the group? (2) Titans Returnes is still the hottest thing going. Who still buying them and what do you want to see next? (3) The beast among us. well the 20 year annivesary of Beast wars has come and gone. Hasbro and Takara it would seem had totaly forgotten this fact and released hardly and Beast wars or Beast mode bots last year or did they? Rescue Bots, R.I.D. , Titans Returnes and Masterpiece all had diffrent forms of beast bots released or did you fail to notice this trend too! Keep an eye out for our other great events this year the dates are as listed here 2017 meet ups. June 25th and October 29th at this location "Untill all have one"

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  18. Optimus

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Danvers Target has one Twinferno, one Getaway, and two Hot Rods as well as a lone voyager Optimus

19. Optimus

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Sorry to double post but Lyn Wal-Mart has at least one of each of the wave 4 deluxes.

20. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Wow, this is huge. I will be on the alert in Connecticut for these.

Update. He meant Wave 3.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017