Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NGW, Nov 15, 2007.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So, anyone else like...hyped for this?

Bioware has a rather good track record what with both KotOR games and Jade Empire being absolute gems of the genre.

Less than a week now, and I've been watching up on some vids I missed (particularly that 40 some minute demonstration of it). Just..everything about it looks fantastic. Visually it is beautiful, the universe should be fun to explore. The combat seems solid enough and the boss fights should put up a nice challenge. The RPG elements actually look to be what they should be and not dumbed down for the console gamers like so many recent games have been (Oblivion and Bioshock scream of this sadly, much as I enjoyed them. Though the PC mod community for Oblivion certainly helped fix some of Bethesda's mistakes). The dialogue/conversations seem like a natural evolution from Bioware's past efforts and the morality choices look to be more impactful in the long run. And of course the multiple endings and that whole what you do in one game effects the remainder of the trilogy and all that, which should just be epic.

That among other things (the character creation looks solid as well, lots of customization to be had there), yeah...since Spore got delayed until God knows when, has this my most anticipated game to come out this year. Just hope it doesn't disappoint, heh.

And just because I can't bring up Mass Effect without bringing this up...playing as a female allows you the opportunity for a rather..intimate encounter with a female alien? Yes please. >_>

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I will be all over Mass effect like Twin Twist on a n00b's first post.

I have friends who bought a 360 just for this game.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I orderd the CE (Im a ce whore). Not too interested in it just because its not my type of game but I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot.

4. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I'm pretty psyched. Just got a new 32" Sony LCD TV to play it on too :) 

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i too im stoked. it looks amazing.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Yay, it’s on the pre-order. I just don’t know what I’m going to have time to play it, so many games!

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really looking forward to it- but tonight I'm getting Assassin's Creed so I'm kinda excited about that for right now. Preordered ME though. I wasn't crazy about Jade Empire but I loved the first KOTOR sans the loading and jumpy animation.

8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

kinda looking forward to it, but still not sure how I'll like it. I am not a big fan of the KotoR games. Hopefully it's not too much like them.

I have to choose between this and Eternal Sonata. ES I'm sure I'll like. Mass Effect I'm not sure, but it looks like it COULD be great.

9. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While I am looking forward to it...Rock Band is coming out the same time. Thats gonna eat most of my time up for a little while. Once I cool off of Rock Band, I'll be getting into Mass Effect.

10. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I"ve been hyped about this ever since it was announced , yes I am a bioware fanboy. I just hope that it's good.

11. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm excited. I'm looking forward to putting in many many hours into this game and exploring these uncharted worlds. Unfortunately, probably won't be able to get it until next week. After paying bills and however much it'll cost to fix my car plus gas, don't think I can swing it until I get paid again. And it's not worth trading in any games for it. I don't have any I'd want to part with(maybe gears but I dunno)

*grumble*stupid bi-weekly paycheck*grumble*

12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah i cant wait to play it :D 

13. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I love space adventures!

14. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I'm psyched for the game for the past month or so since I learned more about it, I'm either getting it this week or next. I guess its gonna be hard for us to set up the Humpdays with everyone plays it. Now back to the history research paper outline I should be doing now.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Got the Limited Edition preordered with overnight shipping, so should have it sometime Wednesday afternoon (after I go and see The Mist of course).

Has recieved rather good reviews too. IGN giving it a 9.4 and saying the only real problems are technical and considering it is on the 360...well that was just something I expected. However, knowing that the game itself makes up for them, yeah...go Wednesday!

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I just wish it Mass and Rock Band where not coming out the same week.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Cant wait for Mass Effect. Really wish Nintendo would make a Metroid similar too it. But with more exploring, and less content. Hell maybe no content at all, just exploring planets and shit .

Playing Masseffect with the volume all the way down would probably be wierd.
    Big next gen heads.

Going to try and get GH3 for Christmas

18. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i was tortured today at Blockbuster, i had to put a bunch of them out on the shelf and watch them get baught and rented :(  i cant get it for two weeks!

19. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My preorder should be arriving at my parents house about the same time I arrive for my Thanksgiving visit.

If I can tear myself away from Rockband and SMG long enough to give it a shot when I return then I will be mighty impressed.

20. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Wow, I ordered the game yesterday morning online and I got it earlier today.

The game is pretty great so far. It really pulls you in.