Mass Effect: Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mods, if you guys think this fits in better with the ME3, go for it. I just didn't want to confuse people with different game stories.

Picked this up for 7 bucks this morning. Definitely a HUGER departure from the last ME game on iOS and a definite showpiece for the iPad. It isn't an RPG at all though. But it's not a rail shooter either. It's from the guys who made Dead Space on the tablet, and it plays like a cover-shooter.

2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    So, this is nothing like Galaxy...I can't remember, is it that game that was posted in the ME3 thread being played on an iPad, if so, I may be tempted, but I won't buy it until i've done my first playthrough of ME3

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. That game was an abomination. Yes, story-wise it introduce Miranda and Jacob, but then the game started and it was the worst thing to carry the ME name. I think I could wipe my ass with Mass Effect Toilet paper and it would still be preferable.

That said, this looks like a much-more solid experience, but don't expect a Role-Playing game. This is a tablet shooter. The developer has worked around the limitations of touch controls (and they had the experience with Deep Space). And the story falls in with ME3, but it doesn't spoil anything about the main game.

Oh, and the Mass Effect interface with touch controls is pretty awesome. I feel like I'm interacting with the codex :) 

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    and now i kinda wish i had an apple device to play this on

[no word on if this is coming to android?]

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes it definitely is.

Because of the type of game it is, I wish it was coming to Vita also. Would work well with the dual stick. The developer has still done a good job implementing the touch controls, and even stylizing it with ME interface.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    niftay

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This has been holding me over until I get to go home and play ME3. This is actually a very good little game. They also made some good use of the limitations in touch screen. I also like how intel found here can be uploaded to Origin and used in ME3. Finally, someone gets it.