Mass Effect 3: SPOILER TAG YOUR STUFF OR FACE THE ANGRY MOB

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Apr 10, 2011.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Figured it's best for its own thread so people can talk about it without spoiling those in the ME2 thread.

Like I said before, I really like what I am reading so far. Looks like the inventory will be a mix of ME1 and 2. That's a good thing IMO.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So very excited. Glad to hear it'll be somewhat like a mix between ME1 and ME2.

3. kraven

kraven Decepticon

sounds cool, I cant wait!

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I wish I was a stronger man, I read the spoilers :( 
    And I haven't played Arrival yet

EDIT: Holy crap, the pictures of the new enemies all look more like they belong in Doom.

5. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Bring back planet exploration! I loved driving around in the Mako in ME1.

6. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Since every class can use all the weapons now, I hope they will give something extra for the soldiers as compensation.

7. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Buttload of info:

- Most, if not all, major characters will return in some form. There will be select major characters for squadmates, while other characters will be temporary squadmates for singular missions (think like Liara in Lair of the Shadow Broker). Others will return in other roles

- Because of the above, those 'confirmed' characters (Liara, Garrus, etc) are not confirmed as permiment squad members. It just says they are playabe to some extent, so they could be for singular missions.

- 'Full scale war' feel to the game, about as 'dark' as ME2, though they consider ME2 to be 'sylised' dark or whatever the hell that means, while ME3 will be 'dark' in the sense that there is a huge war and a sense of hopelessness.

- Some key plot element that will reveal why the Reapers can be defeated. Dont want to reveal it until the game is out. Don’t want the way the Reapers can be defeated obvious from the start. Want the progression of the game to give red herrings and a flow of information, so it starts hopeless but you slowly work out what needs to be done.

- As with the above,
    the reason TIM and Cerberus are after you is another plot element they want kept secret.

- Recruit the races woop woop. Most races dont want to join because they dont want to be ruined by the Reapers. Most races caught up in their own shit.
    EG: Visit Salarian homeworld, they're stuck in a conflict regarding the Genophage. Quarians trying to take back their homeworld. Shepard must try and find a way to resolve these conflicts to get the best support.

- Solutions to the above wont be easy or obvious, and based on past choices may even be impossible.

- NG+ sound similar to ME2. Can continue playing, but can also 'loop back around' and do stuff over again.

- Shepard can roll, and can vault over obsticles without going into cover first. 'Peak' feature tweaked. Ladders for climbing up to higher areas. Notably bigger battlefields.

- Smarter AI that can 'plan' certain attacks on Shepard. BioWare feel that with the way ME2/ME3's combat is they need to compete with all the other shooters in the market, so improvements have to be made.

- Game cinematics want to focus on the sense of scale, of both the Reapers and the war. Lots of big moments.
    Aforementioned Thresher Maw Vs. Reaper is an example.[/spoilers]

- Vehicles will be similar to ME2; not built into the main path of the game, but may return in some form as extras.

- Scanning is back but 'wont be at at all like ME2'.

- Dynamics of how choices effect the flow of the game more like the ending sequence of ME2 rather than the actual ME2 game, as in you'll make choices and see the differences quicker (or so they're promising). Quicker referencing of choices in the engine.

- People still don’t believe Shepard that the Reapers are coming.
    They attack New York, London, Japan and others first.

-
    Earth is basically the first place the Reapers lay the smack down too, but they're spreading to other areas and shitting on everyone's parade.

- New Normandy, which is really a stripped and altered Normandy 2 by the Alliance.

- Don’t feel that there is a 'missing out on content' feel to the game if you happen to make decisions in previous games. No one play through necessarily 'better' than the other, just different.

- ME3 will be more difficult than ME2.

- BioWare want to make a Mass Effect MMO.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...mation-blowout-bioware-want-a-mass-effect-mmo

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everything sounds fantastic.

Mass Effect MMO? Eh... might be cool, I guess.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    INTERNET HIGH FIVE.

That's for you, Bioware.

10. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
  11. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I bet the illusive man is after shepard because he thinks he's the reason the reapers are specifically targeting humaninty....

12. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    ^ might want to use spoiler tags, buddy :p 

13. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Fixed. Now we're even ;) 

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

My one and only post in this thread. Going on a blackout. Be sensible, chaps. Use spoilertags. Think before posting.

<3 see you in the fall/winter!

15. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Thank you Bioware, for giving us actual options again. Really looking forward to seeing how "enhanced" the RPG elements really are. I'm very, very hopeful for this. The only problem is how many times it's gonna make me want to replay ME1 and ME2 just so I can see as many of the different outcomes/conversations/side effects/consequences as possible.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope there are random planet explorations. Otherwise, see you guys in a few months!

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Really looking forward to my Insanity run, then.

18. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
  19. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Hmmmm, I'm really curious to try out arrival now after reading the first post Also curious to see how this would effect you're relationship with Miranda/Jacob...if Cerberus is gunning for you.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rumor of possible space battles.

Niiice