Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Thread - No campaign spoilers just lots of shooting

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    No that is just the internet spewing bullshit. You can get the best ending without ever playing multiplayer. Multiplayer just makes it a speedier process.

2. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Level 16 Vanguard
    I think I'm 16. Hardly ever use biotic charge, might pull out 1 during each game.

Anybody hear about that glitch that apparently deletes everything? Like weapons, armors and levels. I didn't read too much into it, but I think someone said it happens when you're in the store and the host quits.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

My Vanguard is level 19, I wish you could respec without having to promote. I put a ton of my points towards more melee damage instead of shields/health. My barrier is incredibly weak (almost half of what my health is) so I get dropped easily compared to how I had leveled in the demo.

Noticed a new pack in the store, an Equipment pack which gives you five equipment based items (rockets, medi-gel, health pack etc) for 20k credits or $1/80 Allards. It says it expires in 120 hours, so maybe they'll have different types of packs.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You can get respec cards from packs. I've only ever had one though, they're gold bordered.

5. seven

Nothing for me yet, I'll have to keep getting specter packs and hope I get one.

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    just did a few matches on bronze...my God ppl have no sense of teamwork nor tactics. Are ppl better on Silver or gold?

7. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I played only one match so far and it's pretty fun. My team mates couldn't work together for shit though.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Nope. You can't get enough war assets without multiplayer. In singleplayer, it caps out a few hundred shy of 4000. you need somewhere around 4-5000 to get the absolute best ending. I've done literally everything in the game, got 100% scanning everywhere for everything, and I'm at around 3700, I think.

You can use the iOS apps like Infiltrator and Datapad to boost your war assets, though. But you can't get enough just playing the single player game by itself.

9. seven

Does anyone know if the different races have different base stats? This Drell Vanguard is super low in shields and health compared to the human version. Some of it is the the way I've leveled, but my shield strength at 19 is less than half of what I had at 16 with the human in the demo. I would rather be the human but I really like the biotic cluster grenades the Drell has.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    They do. I think:
    - Krogan have highest base health and melee
    - Turians have highest base shields
    - Drell have highest base speed and lowest shields/barriers

Not sure on the other races though.

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I don't have ME3 yet, but do you earn assets playing through the missions? If so, then I would assume they have plenty of DLC lined up for the game that would help with that.

Atleast I hope that's how it'll go, since it'll probably be a little while before I get it. Strangely, despite playing the hell out of ME1 and 2, I'm feeling absolutely no excitement for ME3. Why, I don't know. I'm just not feeling it. Anyway, I'd hate to be barred from the best ending simply because I can't do the multiplayer due to a possible lack of people online playing it.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Missions, side missions, scouting planets, lots of ways.

You should be excited for ME3. aside from some hiccups, it's the strongest in the series.

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I know I should be, but for some inexplicable reason I'm just...not.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

What the what? I cannot, in good conscience, agree with this, at all. But this is a discussion for the other thread.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

This is flat out wrong. You can fill the bar without touching multiplayer.

Some clarification for people, spoiler tagged for those who wish to figure it out for themselves;

Below i've pasted an excerpt from a website explaining how it works. Basically, you need to fill the bar to get the best ending in single player. The galactic readiness percentage is there to assist those who just want to breeze through the campaign without worrying about side quests. Those people can get the percentage to 100% through multiplayer and only require the lowest amount of War Asset points to succeed in the final single player mission. It is still easily feasable to achieve a full bar without touching multiplayer. I filled my bar just before starting the quarian (not too spoilery?) part of the primary quests without touching multiplayer yet. Now, i have 66% galactic readiness, and the bar is still full (of course, duh). So essentially, multiplayer is not NEEDED to get best solution to single player, it only speeds up the process.

You do NOT have to play multiplayer to get the best single-player endings.

Here’s a bit of clarification:

Your ending(s) are determined by your “Effective Military Strength” (let’s call it EMS for now) bar. Focus on that bar – that is your indicator of how well you will do in the end-game.

You can maximize your EMS just by collecting War Assets in the single-player game. There is a certain threshhold of these you would need to exceed (I can’t get too specific) but I can tell you there are MORE than the required amount that can be gathered in the single-player campaign.

“Galactic Readiness” is a modifier you can improve by playing multiplayer. That is to say, if you play a lot of multiplayer, you will need less War Assets from single-player to fill up your EMS bar (ie it will balance out the requirements to account for you playing in both modes). Single-player game play does not impact that bar.

EMS = success. EMS can be maximized via collecting war assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Ah, I had heard you had to have 4000-5000 assets to get the best ending. I filled the bar, but it the actual number of assets is around 3700. I guess that's it, then?

thanks.

17. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups. True story :D 

18. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Thank god. The ammount of douches I ran into last night made me throw up in my mouth a little.
    I Logged in to play my lvl 3 soldier who I had just created like 15 minitues earlier and got into a prematch lobby....
    "Dude, your guns suck balls. Did your mommy let you out to play. You blow. Why waste your time you useless f*ck. God I hate sh*tcocks like you."
    Now mind you this was BEFORE the game started. Really WTF? I just rolled this guy, sorry I didnt drop 40 bucks to buy Spectre packs. :mad 

19. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    1 word for this that I think. Its HARD to play and keep dieing cause I get shot by people so I guess I was a noobie and easy target.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Everyone I've played with has been really cool. I haven't had a single bad experience.