Masonic Transfans: Where my brethren at?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Jul 3, 2012.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Note: Freemasonry is neither a political nor a religious organization and we are discouraged from discussing such topics in our lodges (much like here) therefore, this should not violate any of the site rules.

So having said that, are there any Masonic transfans out there? I joined the fraternity back in 08, raised in 09 and joined Scottish Rite and then Eastern Star with my parents. Most of my family is Masonically affiliated so for me it's kind of a family tradition.

2. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Hey man, don't talk about things without THE HANDSHAKE! You can't forget the handshake. Can't let 'normals' in on the secrets after all.

I'm not a Freemason. My great grandfather was - he was 33rd rank. His son, my grandfather, was 3rd. My brother was contemplating being one for a bit there. So I fall in the close but no cigar I guess...

3. transtrekkie

Never forget the handshake!

33rd is pretty impressive. It's honorary, only conferred on those who are elected to receive it. My grandfather and father are both Masons, in fact, when my father joined, my grandfather gave him his ring, which my father then passed to me when I joined. I also have several uncles and cousins that are members too.

4. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who keeps Atlantis off the maps, who keeps the martians under wraps, we dooooo, we doooooo!

5. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

My dad was the head of his lodge back in 2004-2007. He's still a member

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I misread the thread title as being about TF Mosaic. Damn you, Dislek- Dizleck- Disslekt- not being able to read proper!

I vaguely remember my brother-in-law being in something like this. Dunno if it was the actual Masons. Do they let the Welsh join? If not then it wasn't.

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hhah yeah, this was my 1st thought too. Someone should make a Transformers version of it & like, sing it here.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    As long as this stays on topic, it's okay. Freemasonry, to my knowledge, is not a religion or a cult, so we're good, but do not try and steer the conversation to be about whether or not Freemasonry is a religion.

10. transtrekkie

As a Freemason myself, I can 100%, completely and totally garuantee that Freemasonry is not a religion. It's a fraternity, not unlike what you find in most universities, the difference being that our fraternity has been around a lot longer and has a lot more members.

Also, yes, there are Welsh Freemasons.

Also, if anyone has questions about the fraternity, who we are, what we do, I will be willing to answer any questions as long as they don't violate the site rules (ie: no religion or politics).

11. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

My stepfather has been a mason for about ten years now.