Mary Simpkins March 17 1923 - May 4 2006

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, May 4, 2006.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

My grandmother died this morning. About 10:30 this morning. She had pneumonia (however you spell it). She had been struggling to breath for the past few days, and finally passed on this morning. She had her eyes open most of the time, but we don't think she really knew what was going on. I'm glad she wasn't suffering any more. She was a very strong woman. Wouldn't take crap off of anybody till the day she died. Raised 7 kids just about by herself. My grandfather died when my mom was a teenager I believe. Supposely she interviewed the 3 Stooges when she was a teenager for a theater she worked at. Her father died when a bridge collapsed in Pittsburgh when she was an infant.

We're about to leave to go meet with the rest of my family. Not sure where they're going to be, nursing home, funeral home, or my parents house. Hopefully find out soon.

Sorry, I'm rambling.:( 

2. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Sounds like a great lady....I'm a HUGE 3 Stooges fan so I would've loved to have seen/heard that interview.

My condolences on your loss.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey man. My sincerest condolences. I hope you're able to recover from the loss of your grandmother and I wish you and your family the best.

4. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

My grandmother that lives with me is on here death bed as we speak, I feel your pain. It's heartbreaking.

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

As someone who has lost all of his, I offer my sympathies on your Grandmother's death.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

Thanks everyone. Looks like the funeral is going to be tomorrow. I'm just glad she's not suffering anymore.

7. Nephthys

Nephthys Banned

So sorry to hear this. My sincere deepest sympahties and condolences to you and your family.

8. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss.

9. TSFC

TSFC Banned

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I wish you and your family the best. I hope that in time, everyone of you can carry on.

I remember when my great grandmother died, she suffered something awful. She was in a home with an impacted bowel, and they did absolutely nothing. She cried and rolled back and forth in her bed, and held her stomach begging for help and the nurses just walked on by.

I just hope and pray someone shows them mercy, God knows they don't deserve it.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

The funeral was on Saturday. She was suppose to be buried today, because my aunt and uncle wanted to save $100. They said they would get charged more if they buried her on the weekend.

Even better was the preacher they got to do the service. I won't say what religion because I don't want to start a debate. But this guy did the most ignorant and disrespectful thing I have ever seen.

First, he didn't even take his coat off. Then, he rushed thru the service. Any faster and I would have thought he was the guy who does Blur's voice from TF:TM. Didn't mention anything about my grandma, about her life or anything. Just read from his book. Since my aunt and uncle didn't want to have her buried on Saturday, they had him do the graveside service that he would usually do, there at the funeral home. He did both parts in probably less than 10 minutes. When he was done, he walked out, got in his car, and drove away. I've never seen anything like it.

11. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm so sorry for everything thats happened man. I lost both of my grandmothers a few years ago, but I still remember how that feels. My best wishes to you and your family, we're all thinking about you.

- Aaron

12. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

My grandmother died this past Friday and we are having her funeral tommorrow, my condolences to you and yours.

13. TheIncredibleHulk

Sorry to hear about your grandma too, hopefully the service for yours is more respectful than the one for mine.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My condolences to you and your family too...its never easy to lose a loved one...