Mary Poppins moves to bumblebee date!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gaastra, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual Fan

News Credits:
    @Gaastra I forgot about disney park things, that could be one of the reason why Mary Poppins has such popularity.

2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    After seeing the new Mary Poppins trailer (which actually looks pretty good), I'm fully convinced Bumblebee should move up a week or so. Either that or push it back until January. I know that would be disappointing for fans, but it beats getting squashed. (I strongly doubt that will happen though, because all the marketing says Christmas).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    it's not gonna get squashed. These movies are all about to make bank. Christmas season is hot for films. And if MaryPoppins, bumblebee, AND aquaman end up being good films, they are all likely to profit off one another. That being said, one is likely not to be a good film, and whichever that is is gonna flop.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

Mary Poppins will premiere Wednesday the 19th. of December, so not on the same day as Bumblebee any more. Check the link in the first post to see that. Yes, "Mary Poppins Returns" has moved. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You know that film was pretty much propaganda, right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't seen the original Mary Poppins. Never cared to. The trailer for Mary Poppins Returns actually has me wanting to and I certainly want to see this one. Bumblebee hasn't done that, for sure, yet. I want to, but I don't feel a need to. I'm just about on the need to side with Mary Poppins Returns.

If I, a Transformers fan, can feel like that, imagine what the general audience will feel.

I'm not saying Bumblebee will be a disaster, per se, but it's not going to be able to survive the onslaught that's coming. I think it should've come out during Thanksgiving or something. I know it wasn't ready to, but I don't think it can compete. It could be an excellent film, but the competition is basically Kryptonite and Bumblebee is Superman.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It was a whitewashed version of the real story, sure, but it was still a biopic tied to Poppins that made mad bank on a relatively light movie budget.

8. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Active now and then

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well Mary poppins is at #2 trending and it was released 2 days ago whereas captain marvel trailer was released yesterday but is #1 today, a day after so..

9. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Professional Chain Yanker TFW2005 Supporter

I think the CGI explains it. I love Winnie the Pooh and co, but man that CGI was really weird. I get why they did it that way, but all of them looked so...off.

Personally, I am splitting my time between Bumblebee and Aquaman. Aquaman on Thursday, Bumblebee on Friday. Spider-Man and maybe Mary Poppins are the real competition. I love Aquaman, but he's still a joke. Plus, are people willing to give the DCEU yet another chance? Then again, how many people are going to give Transformers another chance?

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the danger for the other films is what if Mary Poppins brings in the same crowd that propelled the live action Beauty and the Beast to such an insane box office run? Yes the live action boys stuff like Pete's Dragon didn't burn down the box office but Disney seems to have a fairly good grip on how to turn the more girl focused titles into something massive.

Kind of make me worry for Bumblebee because it looked like they were attempting to reach more female fans with that really nice trailer Bumblebee put out. But if Mary Poppins is Beauty and the Beast huge will that suck the air out of the room for the other movies that are aiming for wide appeal?

11. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Goddamn. Didn't Bumblebee move so it wouldn't hafta compete with Poppins? Back off Disney, let other movies have their turn in the spotlight.

12. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This is good news. Kids are likely to go to a theater on a Friday night rather than a Wednesday. If the marketing is done right, Bumblebee may even put a sizable dent on Aquaman.

13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I'm curious what date the trailer will say tomorrow. If they're going to change the release date, they should do it in conjunction with the trailer. If we don't hear about the movie getting moved up tomorrow, I doubt it will happen.

14. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Mary Poppins isn't a girl focused title anymore than "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", "Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang" or "Herbie: The Love Bug". It's a movie aimed at all kids and seems infused with all the nostalgia drippings of the first film - and that's the REAL danger. If you're a father, you have both boys and girls in your family and you can only afford (or have the time) to see one film, which movie is going to appeal to both kids the most? Probably Poppins.

Seriously, I can't stand most musicals but Mary Poppins is in my personal very small circle of musicals I don't just tolerate - I actually really like ("My Fair Lady" and "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" being the other two). I have a feeling there are many others like me.

Hasbro and Paramount can only hope that Poppins gets blistering reviews. Like, scalding bad. Christopher Robin appeared to misfire a bit so there's reason to believe it could happen. But I'd be very surprised...

15. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hellboy has been moved so you can remove it from the list. (it was going to come out right after.)

16. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

look what else is coming in December --- Bee will have to move martin!.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. optimusMagnus7575

optimusMagnus7575 Active Member

Marry Poppins trailer came out one week ago sitting at 8.1 million views Bumblbee trailer came out 3 days ago siting at 7 million views at that rate I think Bumblebee could stand a chance. That's just my Opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  18. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Bumblebee trailer got more positive buzz than Aquaman/Mary Poppins/Spiderverse/Alita.

• Like Like x 7
  19. optimusMagnus7575

optimusMagnus7575 Active Member

I honestly see one of these situation's going down Aquaman Opens the biggest out of the three Marry poppins slighlty more than Bumblebee but Bumblebee in the long run will lay waste to the films and crush them over seas.

Situation number 2 Bumblebee opens the biggest. Given the trailers it's the safest bet in my opinion. It is kind of filling the Star Wars role for this (TF is better but that is neither here nor there) year.

Situation Number 3 Bumblebee does okay here. But destroy's overseas. Pretty much in my opinion Bumblebee will almost certainly (hopefully) make a ton of money over seas.
    I see bumblebee doing 200million-300million domestic then an easy 400million-500million internationally. So we might. Be looking at a solid 600million-800million that is just my take. Also out of all the films besides Marry Popins it seems the safest.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    People are seriously overestimating the impact of Bee & Poppins opening at the same time. It doesn't matter which one is more successful or bombs, it won't be *because* of the other one. Not for THOSE movies. No one is gonna be like "Well, I'm a Transformer fan, but rolled the dice and went to Mary Poppins instead that weeked. Sorry, Bee!" or vice versa. Water Drogo & Bee will have more of a box office 'fight' than anything because of the similar demographic - Poppins will be out on its own.

• Like Like x 2