Marvels Run on Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by ezim93, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was on break at my Library one day when I decided to check out the only Transformers Graphic Novel we have: The Best of Megatron. I was expecting mostly IDW stuff but I was surprised to see some Marvel stuff. The Marvel stuff included was the (in)famous story where Optimus Prime kills himself over a video game and the story where Galvatron travels back in time to beat up Megatron. To be honest I found both stories pretty cool. Does anyone know where I can read other Marvel Transformer comics. I heard Linkara once say that he found a website with scans of all the issues. So what do you guys think of the Marvel run of Transformers?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's easily my favourite run. I far prefer them to the G1 cartoon.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

It was really good yet cheesy at the same time. I know Titan released them years back and I have them all except one which I need to hunt down. But i hear IDW is releasing them again.

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The easiest ways to track down the Marvel saga (my absolute favourite, inc. the UK comics of course):

Titan Books
    Released a series of TPBs that collected all but three of the original 80-issue run (3 out-of-continuity stories from #33-34, 43) as well as the Headmasters 4-parter and "Generation 2" (12-issue follow on). I won't list all the titles, but each volume contains 5/6 comics worth. The first couple are called "Beginnings" and "New Order".

IDW
    Have released a series of "Classics" volumes. Six in all. They reprint the 80-issue run of US comics but omit 5 issues due to licensing issues. Unfortunately, these five issues are very much part of the ongoing story. However, text summaries are included. The Classics series also includes the Headmasters 4-parter and the Animated movie adaptation #1-3.

I seriously recommend also getting some of the UK collections. The stories are great and were designed to fit in/weave in & out of the US continuity. So, really, it's all one great big massive story!!

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Marvel's run on Transformers is the definitive Transformers saga. You can read such vintage stories online at this link, where new material is put up every month:

http://www.oneshallstand.com/scans.html

Forget the Sunbow cartoon; these comics are G1.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IDW did release them as the transformers volumes 1-6, good volumes and brilliant value for money since you essentially get a years worth of comic in each volume. if you want to expand upon it try some of the uk stories recently re-released by idw, City of Fear being one of the best focussing around the Wreckers.