Marvel's Black Panther dvd

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Feb 26, 2011.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else see this? found it at WM and picked it up. Only $10.. Sadly it is basically a motion comic. Pretty good VAs and ok story... Also it is not a movie but a bunch of episodes apparently. Only watched one episode so far. It gave a history of Wakanda (showed another tribe invading only to be slaughtered with out mercy. Then it cut to a government meeting talking about Wakanda and how they align with no one, etc. Had Stan Lee as a military General. Also gave a back story of how a rookie Capt. America was sent into investigate Nazi activity. He finds their severed heads on spears. He and Panther tussle a bit and Panther sends Cap back home. Also had T'Challa fight his uncle to become the new Panther.

It is decent, but I bought it thinking it would be a full length movie like Ultimate Avengers, etc.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was originally supposed to be an animated series on BET, but they kept moving the premier date around and eventually just canned it before it even began. Kevin Michael Richardson (Prime's Bulkhead) guest voices Wolverine in an episode and does a pretty good job.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Animated" is used very loosely..

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The next Marvel full length animated feature is Thor.

I saw it, my nephew bought it for me, God bless him. It was alright, the animation was maybe a step or two up from motion comic. The VA was well done and the story telling was good.

I think you'll enjoy it.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It was flash animated by the same group that does Metalpocalipse. Unfortunately the guy producing it wanted it to look just like the comic. Right down to Romita's art style, so the was only so much they could do at the bottom basement prices they were paid to to do it.