Marvel Zombies Return General Disscution

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by jerky123, Sep 12, 2009.

1. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    So far, the first comic was AWSOME and the second was ok. I love ZombieSpidys organic webshooters (veins :lol ) and that he caused a chain of events in witch he basicly killed/zombified everyone in mannhatten.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Simply awesome, was not aware there was another series until I came by this thread. Much, MUCH better than the crap marvel zombies 2 and 4 were [especially 4].

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    You stumbled across this thread, then within 25 minutes went to a comic store, came home and read it?

Amazing feat. Or is that amazing feet? :p 

Eh. I wasn't too big on it. I loved the cover though.

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Strange indeed, I'm going with he had a brainfart while writing the post.

As for MZ. I just don't care anything zombie related and Marvel seems to not want let this end already.

5. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    The art style doesnt go well with the story at all, for #1. Also, what, that universe's Spidey died just like that? wtf.

Also, didn't Zombie Spidey actually have a few prosthetic limbs or missing bits? He sure seems more complete here. Also, he's not supposed to be able to feel pain, so why does VeinWebbing hurt him?

And, didn't the Zombies lose their hunger before being teleported?

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm sick of Zombies Marvel has overused them at this point.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i read spiderman and ironman today...and this series should hopefully be the last...its just lost its flare completely...i loved this concept originally, but now its tired...i didn't even realize sandman had killed the regular spiderman, i assumed it was the zombie spiderman and he just sorta rebuilt himself somehow...the art was very sloppy, and ironman felt like a bad sci fi made for movie tv plot... very bummed...i think i'll be selling this as a set the second i buy the last issue...and probably series 3 and 4...and i'll just read 1 and 2 when i want a good story...

8. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Eh, I liked series three and four more than the first two, but whutevs.

Only got the first issue of this run, and thought it wasn't half bad. It's basically a long sick joke, and reads like a grotesque parody of "Not Brand Ecchh" or like that. The fact that the whole issue seemed to be setup for that goof on the ol' "Spider-Man No More" thing gained it points in my book.

But my rule about the zombies is, when Fred Van Lente ain't writin' 'em, I aint buyin' 'em.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    see, i'm still not sold on Van Lente as being all that good...but i'm also not familiar with his other works...

10. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Modok's 11, and he's a one of the writers on "The Incredible Hercules". Those two things right there are pretty much what did it for me. Also, he did a few really good Power Pack series.

11. libeskind

libeskind Well-Known Member

The quality drop off in writing is evident between issues 1 and 2. I see where they're going with this but i didn't mind volumes 3 and 4. Always fun to read obscure characters and comic relief as provided by Deadpool didn't hurt either. But from what I've seen this won't match up to vol. 1 and 2 and even if you didnt care for vol. 3 and 4 at least they were consistent.

Issue 1 was really good as a standalone though. The best bit wasnt even provided by a zombie: sandman mistaking regular spidey as the zombie, spidey go kablooey.

12. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    can someone tell me what happens to the zombies in the end????

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh he wrote Modok's 11? that's cool...i bought that, but never finished reading it...maybe i'll do that soon...that was fun...and i dropped incredible herc because i just don't care about herc...at all...

and this series will have a different flow, since its being written by 4 different writers...Van Lente is on 1 and 5, with 3 separate writers between...but we'll see how it goes...i'll probably take vol 3, 4 and this and sell them as sets at my LCS...and maybe someday i'll rebuy them in trade instead...

14. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

So did the last panel in Chapter 3 show that the real Logan got bit by the Zombie Logan?

15. Bumblebee

Bumblebee Artist/Colorist Monkey

I LOVE this series- but the only problem I have is that in issues 3 and 4, Spiderman clearly has his skin on... which he kinda tore off his face and what-not in issue 1. It doesn't ruin the fun, but it's one of those things I think should have been caught...
    Anyway- love this series. LOVE IT. :D 

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i'm still only luke warm to this series...i really hope this is the end of marvel zombies...or maybe i just need to stop buying this crap...i just can't get into it at all...i think i'm always just gonna love the first two and nothing else will meet them in quality...

the hulk issue was just silly and the way it was written was just not good...those authors may all be great when writing a book, but the pacing they set and the dialogue they write in comics is just not good at all...

17. Bumblebee

Bumblebee Artist/Colorist Monkey

Just like the Marvel Zombies saga, I'm bringing this thread painfully back.
    LOVED how this Saga wrapped up- but wasn't surprised at all by it. The moment that the Sentry was turned, I think we all knew that the story would go on in a cycle.

I would LOVE to see more Zombie stories, though! Maybe the Zombie Secret Wars that were barely touched on...

18. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    So would I, infact, I would love to see Zombie comics that are allong the lines of parodying past storyline ("Spiderman, No More", "Hulk vs Rulk", "Secret Wars", "Secret Invasion", and more)

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, i finished this series, and actually dug how it ended up...i didn't see it coming at all, but it makes some really awesome sense...only thing it doesn't wrap up is the existing Zombie Deadpool in Merc with a Mouth...but hopefully that book will put an end to the zombie eventually too, and then this idea should stay dead for awhile, no pun intended...

20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I believe the zombieverse from MZ3 was a different one. There is however, the zombie cliffhanger from marvel apes.