Marvel Zombies first appearance?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Kickback, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I have the TBP.

But I want to read their first appearance. When is it?

2. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Ultimate Fantastic Four #21-23 "Crossover"

There will also be a one-issue prequel to Marvel Zombies, dealing with the onset and spread of the infection. The prequel is currently being developed.

3. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Id just go with the UFF story though. The Prequel will probably try to negate anything said in UFF...

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what primal said.

also, the last UFF story arc with the doctor doom body swap. DD totally pwned zombie UFF.

5. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I totally heart the Zombies. I'm just sad that everything happened in a period of 3 days in that universe. Wouldn't it be great to have it spread out through a good year or so, with other super heroes on the run and trying to fight?

Loved ones against loved ones, friends against friends, and enemies against enemies in an entirely new light.

*sigh*

Zombies fucking rule.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    read kirkman's foreword. he actually considered the premise (and some others) but went for the more in your face approach.

i dont think it wouldve succeeded as well as it did done any other way.

7. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Oh I know. I'm not complaining about Marvel Zombies, the actual comic book. Just the storyline behind it. I know zombie movies have the world being eaten in a few days, but I was just thinking how could it would be if Reed found this alternate reality a few YEARS after it first happened, when the zombies are *REALLY* starving, as opposed to three days when the Zombies are just done having a snack.

Imagine seeing Peter Parker confront Mary Jane and Aunt May, devouring them piece by piece.

8. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Speaking of that, Sean Phillips actually has art and thumbnails for the sequel... or rather, prequel... up on his blog (might be spoilers for those who'd want to wait, but if you read the mini you'd already know what kind of happens):

http://surebeatsworking.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_surebeatsworking_archive.html

And useless fact for those who don't know it: Mark Millar planned that the Marvel Zombie earth would be about the Punisher being the last man alive and fighting off all the superhero zombies. But he got busy and it was given to Robert Kirkman who took it in a different direction.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Zombie Wolverine was in the last two issues of Exiles, too, if you're looking for another little Zombies fix.

10. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    There will be a Zombies prequel and sequel. There will also be an explanation why the Zombies FF in UFF are much more sinister than the others seen in the actual Zombie universe.

Marvel really wasn't expecting this to be such a hit, but if the sequel does well, they may continue doing mini-runs of this universe.

11. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I love the Marvel Zombies, most inventive idea Marvel has had in a while. All the covers were amazing, especially the copy of Spiderman's wedding cover.

I agree that an in depth look at the heros' struggle to remain uninfected is a great idea.

12. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Considering A-next is also going to be fighting zombies in their new miniseries, I think Marvel has caught on to something here.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    and theres the new miniseries from marvel, zombie...havent read it, but i will when i work tonight...

14. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Sort of a "I Am Legend" type of story - that would have been sweet!

15. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I agree. I had hoped that was going to be the direction it took after I read the first issue.

16. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    The Marvel Zombies series is awesome. I basically picked up all their appearances even their short appearance in UFF 27,28 & 29. Can't wait for the Prequel. Here is my framed issues (not shown are the Exiles issues they appeared in recently, need a frame for those hehe ):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. The Spider

I'm surprised they never did an extra printing for #2.

18. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've wondered about that. Seems pretty odd since all the other issues have more than 1 printing done.

19. The Spider

Strange thing; I was looking at the wiki entry for The Sentry and supposedly, Zombie Sentry from the UFF was actually supposed to be Zombie Superman (keeping with the idea that Mark Millar really, really, really, really, really LOVES Superman. Did I mention that he loves Superman?). While still conjecture, (and the fact that Sentry is derivative of Superman anyway) this kind of explains things since Zombie Sentry seemed to have darker hair than standard MU Sentry. And looking at the original art:

http://www.fanfare-se.com/Images/Category_2/subcat_245/uff2203.jpg

There's really not anything that would indicate this is the Sentry. Not only that, the hair is darkened by ink (Sentry's hair is blond--compare with Ms. Marvel on that page, who's also blond), and the character even has Superman's spit-curl.