Marvel Zombies 2 ending

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Mr.Roboto, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Seriously, who thought the ending to this series was crap?? :thumbdown 

Honestly, I'm sick of Marvel using Hulk everytime to make enemies join together to take him down. Boohoo, Hulk strong lets join together to kick his ass. STFU. I saw that in the Ultimate Power storyline and countless other comics. Too me it just seemed like they didn't know how to end the comic. "WOW, the zombies aren't hungry anymore!!! How do we end it then?? Oh I know, have them fight the Hulk cause he is badass!!!" STFU Marvel.

They better make Marvel Zombies 3 a lot more interesting. Of course I'll buy the comics cause I like Arthur Suydam's cover art, but come on, at least give me a reason to read it.

On a side note, my comic shop finally received the MZ: Venom vs SM statue that I ordered. That is one kickass statue. I have it up on display at work. People kept asking me why Spider-Man looked dead and such also stared/awed at it all day.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i actually liked the ending with the bad guy winning, tho the execution itself is kinda lame on how he just nonchalantly walks out the room.

which gives me mixed feeling cuz i think this zombie dealie is all played out.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Marvel Zombies was interesting when it started now they are in the process of running it into the ground.

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I loved the Hulk rampage. (of course I would :lol  ) Seeing Iron Man's guts fly out of the holes in his mask when the Hulk stomped on him, fucking sweet. :rock 

Now, I just need to order the MZ toys. I want Zombie Hulk for my cube at work

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know about anyone else, but when the zombies started to not feel hungry any more I thought it became rather boring.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I also wasn't too happy about the ending. Mainly because it was just so abrupt.

There's really only one thing they can do with MZ3, have the zombies go after the source. It's the only part of the story that's left.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was a huge letdown.

The zombies losing their hunger could have been a HUGE climax. Regaining their remaining nobility and living with the -horrible- things they've done, or even choosing to give in and end it all. Jumping years ahead, seeing how some of the zombies have atoned for their feeding, maybe being presented with a truly interesting and unexpected happy ending to that universe.

Then Cortez screams at them while walking out of a small room, and apparently the zombies were so offended that they all decided to stand there like :O instead of DOING ANYTHING TO AT LEAST GRAB HIS SHOULDER AND SAY "Hey, fuck you, breather".

Twist ending for the sake of trying to stretch the formula even thinner instead of letting it grow = bleah, it felt waaaay less cool than the twist of MZ 1.

And yeah, some of the deaths and second-deaths felt a bit Furmanish in a bad way, aheh.

I liked the rest of MZ2 enough to just shove the ending to the side as the biggest con of the mini. And I guess if the zombies show up elsewhere in the multiverse (and get written decently) it'd be neat.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i am a huge fan of kirkman, but i too felt the ending was a little off...i liked the hulk rampage, and them actually killing him, instead of just trying to toss him off planet or something....and yeah, all of them standing around while the other dude walks out and zaps them somewhere, that was stupid...i think it definately suffered from sequal syndrom...and it seemed like kirkman didnt even want to write it, just that marvel was like "oh mans, you were the shit, do it again" and he kinda reluctantly said ok....

hopefully there's a bigger story going on and part 3 will make part 2 better....

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Agreed, I dropped it after issue #2. The only other Marvel Zombies book I'd even consider picking up is a Marvel Zombies Omnibus hardcover that includes everything, in order, including the Army of Darkness and Ultimate Fantastic Four crossover. Until that happens, I'm out.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

This is the whole problem right there. We keep buying them, and Marvel will keep from putting real effort into their products.

I agree though. Hulk seems to be their go to guy for finishing series, and it really seems played out.

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    honestly it seemed like even Kirkman didn't know how to end it. he was probably asked to do it forcefully rather than a fun thing like the first one. He just kind of said, "Here's an ending, I'm out!"

12. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I liked everything up until they were teleported to another dimension. Atoning by working with the surviving humans to send them to a new world would have been much better.

The ending felt like it was forced in to make way for a third series.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Like I said before. The only way part 3 can be any good at all, is if it has them going after the source of the plague. There's really nothing else left to tell.

14. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I don't think they should of ever gained the cosmic powers from Silver Surfer. I think having them jump from dimension to dimension would have been better. There's an infinite amount of things they could have done, Ultimate FF4 showing a glimpse of that. Besides, if they had the cosmic powers, couldn't they have dimension jumped without the need for Reed's transporter or the Golden Frog?

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

That's how I felt too. While not as good as the first series, I was enjoying it right up until then. It was like someone just slammed on the proverbial breaks and stopped.

16. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Also, did anyone think they underused the Colonel America/Black Panther's son merger. It's like they made him and that was all. Plus the fact that he sounded stupid was a let down.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude...i totally agree...he didnt really do much, he just kinda showed up, and then was like whats going on....hopefully theres a 3rd part, that will tie up the series...

18. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I would rank Marvel Zombies 2's ending right up there alongside Transformers Evolution: Hearts of Steel's "hooray! space choo-choo fallded off a cliff!!!" ending in the pantheon of Lame Comic Book Series Endings.