Customs: marvel x over transformers has anyone painted one yet? i hav a paint question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by anovasinn, Feb 10, 2009.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i picked up Thor today in hopes to make powerglide. anyways the plastic is much different from general Hasbro toys. its kinda soft. the figure straight out of the package is very loose in some places. all in all i think my bash will be successful however i am worried about paint issues on this guy. has anyone painted one of these guys yet is there anything i should know?

Attached Files:

• Thor.jpg
      Thor.jpg
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
  2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't done it, but I'm guessing that cape is pretty soft. Luckily it is red. The more flexible the plastic, the greater chance that the paint will fail as it bends.

I would be sure to prep the figure thoroughly, with either paint thinner or rubbing alcohol to get all the mold release residue off it. Then prime it with a very thin coat of krylon fusion, and be sure to give it at least a day to fully cure.

Also what kind of paints do you plan to use?

3. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

the cape is the wings unfolded.

i am not new just wanted to see if anyone knew if the weird plastic went goofy when painted . i never painted on this formula of plastic before its not typical.

oh i started to paint it today it takes enamels like a champ. so if i worried other people that wanted to bash this mold no worries.