Marvel vs. Capcom Origins - Games that started it all coming to XBLA/PSN Sept

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Via Twitter:

Website confirmation post:
    Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Fight like a legend! ~ Get hype!

Edit: Price 1200 MSP/$15

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thumbs up, solder!

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    That's pretty neat.
    I'd probably only pick them up to see how different Marvel's become :lol 

4. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Awesome, definitely gonna get this for old time's sake.

5. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is really cool news. I actually much prefer these two games over MvC2 and MvC3. I played them quite a bit in the arcade. I hope the codes to play as Dan and Roll still work. If not then I hope getting Dan won't be nearly as frustrating as in MvC2. :lol  Get points, go in the shop several times hoping that he'll be there, and he never was... Until one night where I was so happy that I did his rolling taunt too much and with taunt mapped to start I messed up my thumb.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Kinda wish they completed the whole collection and added X-Men: Children of the Atom, X-Men vs Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter. If they're calling it MvC: Origins, these games are essential to the origins of the franchise.

As it is, I'm looking forward to Marvel Super Heroes more than MvC 1.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love these games, wish the others were included but this is modern cashcom and they are going to milk at least another origins game out of this with COTA, XVSSF, MSHVSSF. But yeah fuck it, I'll buy both. These are great classic fighters to finally own on modern systems. Hope they are arcade not console ports.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I think I did a mess in my pants :eek: 

9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah same here. It'd be nice if these could be purchased seperately, but I'm sure it'll be the same as Final Fight: Double Impact. As much I loved FF and would love have to played it again, I never popped on it because it was bundled with that worthless Magic Sword game. Just couldn't justify paying the asking price when I'd be paying for solely Final Fight and more then likely would never touch Magic Sword. Now if Double Impact had been Final Fight 1 & 2 bundled together like it should have been...

10. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Me too. I played so much Xmen CotA in the arcades and on Saturn and imported all of the other releases that made it to Saturn.

I wasn't ever big on MvC1 but I enjoyed the US released of MSH on Sat (and the US version could use the Ram Carts)

11. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, got everything on saturn as well but there really were no solid joysticks on saturn to play on to give that real arcade experience. granted, the slim pads were probably the best and most responsive console pad ever designed, but they still left something to be desired if you were used to playing on stick and wanted that real arcade experience.

hopefully these will finally be the 100% true arcade ports. I will continue to support these in hopes that the alpha series sees an eventual hd re-release as well.

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    HD updates of the Alpha series would be ace, but what would be even more mind blowing would be HD updates of SF EX 1 & 2 :D 

I'm a big fan of SFvs.Xmen. Its the fighting game cabinet I've always wanted so hopefully at least the Saturn version comes to XBLA/PSN also.

Basically, give us all the games!!!

13. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I played the shit out of MSH back in the day, and to a lesser degree MvC 1, so this is good stuff. Although I probably played CotA more than both combined, so hopefully they do put out a pack of the older games if this one does well.

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    COTA probably warrants a release of its own and they could do another double-pack of X-Men vs. Street Fighter and MSH vs. Street Fighter.

...which also makes me pine for Capcom vs. SNK 2 and SVC Chaos to come to downloadable platforms. Along with a Darkstalkers HD Remix.

Man oh man, my MAME folder from the days of yore is returning.

15. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know I did a mess in my pants.

16. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this. I am an animation whore. I can't Wait to get these characters with all their animation intact. Now get the rest of the games out.

17. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Xmen: COTA
    Xmen vs. Street Fighter
    Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter

It's missing quite a bit of shit, but I look forward to it. I play these games everyday on GGPO, so it'll be nice to play with the XBL and PSN communities.

18. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Confused as to why people are actually looking forward to this. In case you've all forgotten:
    -MvC1 contains the notorious Gambit infinite, Anything x kinetic card, jab, short, jab, short, jab, short

-You will literally see less characters used in MvC1 than MvC2, despite the four-character game people make it out to be. In MvC 2 you saw Mags, Storm, Cable, Sent, Iron Man, Cyclops, CapCom, Spiral, Strider, Psylocke, Doom. Did most teams contain a top 4 character? Yes, but that's beside the point. MvC1's viable characters are War Machine, Gold War Machine, Wolvie, Red Venom, Strider. That's it.

-MvC1 has 'uncombos', where the combo counter will reset, despite the combo still going on, allowing damage scaling to be reset.

-Team composition in MvC1 doesn't matter. Pick two characters, done. Who's your battery, who's your anchor? WHO CARES!

-MSH gave us a lovely Spider-Man infinite, consisting of two buttons.

Don't get me wrong, these are 'fun' games, but not fun like a game of chess. Fun like watching a terrible movie and making fun of it.

19. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I can only speak for myself but, I like classic fighters. The animation, the backgrounds, the attention to detail. For me, these older games go back to a day where the developers were not just churning out a game. They were developing with a sense of pride. The "character" that theses sprites oozed was amazing.

Plus, I like 2D animation better than 3D animation