Non-TF: marvel universe size -RED SKULL

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bellyboy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    well today is the israeli holocaust day in israel,and i choose to deal with this subject in a different way .
    Yom HaShoah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm israeli in origin and still a jew :)  so the holocaust was and still a strong aspect of my life - my late grandfather fought the nazis in russia( lost his ability to move his left arm and his left eye),i grow up listening avidly to his war stories and about his faithfull horse that saved his life twice from a landmines in the russian territories, how they made booze from bread and shoe polish and about the camps and lots of others .

in israel there is a siren of 2 minutes in the holocaust day and in this time whole the country stand still ,its a good way stop your daily stuff and think about all those people that died ,just that our world would look like it does today.....

so i decieded to deal with issue with a custom action figure
    RED SKULL i dont need to tell u guys who he is ,but he is a mean bastard .
    Red Skull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he was made from a indiana jones -Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-colonel Dovchenko figure.
    Amazon.com: Indiana Jones Colonel Dovchenko Action Figure Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Toys & Games
    painted with acrylics( tnx to bionic commando for the tips )flat black and glossy
    silver ,white,red ,pink,yellow, clear red and gold.
    gave him a new face ,completley resculpted and modified from the original fig.
    added some stuff to the uniform to make it more acurate to nazi uniform(even sculpted the eagle on the hat),some silver bands,medals,made him a sheath and a dagger( borrowed from mutt williams fig),a cane that is a sword( made from a hair clip -this sword is pretty sharp :)  ),the sheath of the sword is a q-tip and the crystal ball is a HLJ ball joint ,and his famous cigarette holder .

painting the this fig was a nightmare ,so many rubbing points ....

this will go on ebay soon and i'll donate half of what he will make to YAD VASHEM
    Yad Vashem - The Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority

still comtemplating if to ad the swastika or not ??

C&C r most always wellcome

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Respect.

Small comment though...I was wondering if a matte finish would fit the head better. Now it looks a little too wet...

3. alondav77

alondav77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wow this is one hell of a job

You have it - great work and painting

4. bellyboy

News Credits:
    hmmm he lost he skin and he is wet from blood ?
    i might do that ,tnx for the constructive criticisem

tnx mate

5. bellyboy

News Credits:
    finally on eaby :) 

6. Mousesi2k

Mousesi2k Decepticreep

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fantastic figure and very interesting backstory / inspiration.

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

eeerrryyy. so job well done

8. bellyboy

News Credits:
    tnx m8
    living with your grandfather that lost one eye ,ear (deaf on the other one) and wakes up in the night screaming from nightmares- does effect u :) 
    i grow up on his stories from the war , how his horse saved him from a landmine and how he got almost captred in the woods when he was hiding for 5 days without food and water.
    and the fact that i'm jewish (even tough i dont practice any religious act) does make look at stuff different , dealing with the holocaust is the only way that we can" remember and never forget " what the human kind is capable of .

tnx rumble

9. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

hey my wife is jewish i am catholic and a jewish women i work with who is a paramedic and a nurse always says jewish women invented guilt catholic women perfected it. On the custom it is an amazing job looks awesome. I have plans on a marvel crossover jet the human torch to turn it into a red skull the marvel crossovers lacked each characters nemisis and red is caps nemisis. On the note of the swastika id say put it on just because red skull was a nazi if i am not mistaken put into the cap america series to show how america will beat the nazis a moral type of thing. The character is what it is a nazi and the pure embodiment of evil thats what red skull was created to be an example of. Just an aside while watching America the story of us on the history chanel last night it was the ww2 era and it had a piece on joe louis and max snelling where louis lost the first fight and hitler used max to exemplify arayan greatness and said americas biggest mistake was freeing the slaves. Then in fight number 2 it only took louis 124 seconds to knockk out that evil nazi. Remember the one lesson history has taught those who forget are doomed to repeat. Just my 2 cents it does not in my opinion give any credibility to nazism because anyone with half a brain knows these nazis were pure evil and had to be beaten and gotten rid of. Hope I didnt offend anyone ......
    Matt

10. bellyboy

News Credits:
    tnx matt
    and i know that its not tf connected - and the topic is already non-tf

but i had to share this link