Marvel Universe/Infinite Series Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wreckgar, Feb 14, 2009.

1. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread and haven't collected DC/Marvel/Superheroes in awhile.
    I was looking into the 3.75" Ant Man. Any good deals lower than $7.99 for him?

Another thing: As a mostly new collector here, any figure suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RoboSnuf

RoboSnuf Pasta of Muppets

News Credits:
    Welcome to the thread! No idea about Ant-Man, I'm UK based so can't advise on that. Maybe post in the b/s/t forum as a wanted item.

As for collection recommendations, it really depends what lines and themes you are into. The 3.75" Marvel stuff seems to have slowed down a lot, so you'll probably be looking at eBay, b/s/t forums, Facebook groups (I hear lots of bargains can be found here) or local collectable shops.

What do you have so far?

• Like Like x 1
  3. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Unless you can afford to get everything, I would get an idea for what kind of collection you want and mainly work towards it. So like, an X-Men collection, or an Avengers collection, or a Spider-Man collection.

I try to focus on movie Avengers but every year there's something that distracts me from it (like Black Bolt in the recent Black Panther wave).

Do you have favorite characters?

• Like Like x 2
  4. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Thanks!
    Well, I just ordered 3.75 Living Laser, Cyclops, and Ant Man on Amazon. Plus I got an Vision at TRU, on a side note with Sinister 6 Arnim Zola. I have Captian America, Ice Man, Spider Man, Hulk, Thor, Venom, Lizard, Iron Man, Green Goblin, Black Widow, and Daredevil in 3.75.

Good idea, but honestly I just want a big amount of Superheroes and bad guys in general. I have X Men Ice Man, and Cyclops is on the way, but meh. X Men collecting just doesn't shout awesome to me. I actually saw a Black Panther Toyline guy at TRU(forgot who). Looked like a cheap Wolverine knock off lol. I wish I could get guys like Modok and Doctor Doom. Plus Juggernaut; too bad you need to combine the individual parts.

Oh yeah: Is the Enchantress and Executioner pack worth it? Saw it and was going to get it, but $19.99 steered me away. OH wow, Amazon has it $8.42.
    Also, are Triton and Gamora any good?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
  5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So did Hasbro totally stop making the Marvel Universe style 3 3/4" figs?

6. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much...

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Is there a resource that shows all that were made? I'm about to go down that rabbit hole, and possibly even customizing a ton of Ultraverse characters as well...

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is all of them, might be missing the figures from when the line was rebranded as Avengers Infinite Collection then Marvel Legends Infinite Collection IIRC:
    COOL TOY REVIEW: Marvel Universe Photo Archive

9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have some Marvel Infinite series that I want to get rid of, let me know if you're interested...

Also didn't realize there was a thread for this line as well, kind of surprised they don't just combine all the Marvel stuff together...

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    It’s because some of the old Marvel threads were made separately many years ago and were already pretty big on their own so merging this with the existing Marvel Legends threads back then wouldn’t have made sense. For example when this thread was a lot more active, there was a good amount of Marvel collectors that weren’t overlapping as in collecting Marvel Universe and Marvel Legends. Some collected both(like me) but some either didn’t start collecting Legends altogether or didn’t start until Marvel Universe went up in price(close to Legends price at the time), down in quality and started to slow down with the line eventually ending.

There is a general thread for Marvel toys that was made later:
    Marvel Toys(General Discussion) Thread

• Like Like x 1
  11. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I was a massive fan of the 3.75” scale stuff when it was in full swing. Even now when deciding whether to buy a 6” Legends figure is whether it in exists (or can be easily customised) in 3.75”.

Hasbro has shown with Star Wars that both can sit side by side so maybe one day it will come back.

12. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    If it ever comes back, it has to be better than the best stuff the line had in 2010-2011, rather than the last figures it had. The last Marvel Universe 4” figures(whichever branding they had, maybe it was Infinite Series) had less articulation and proportions weren’t as good, some details were better but some were too simplified. It really seemed like the line got hit with budget cuts.

Character roster was strong but some joints needed better range. For example the Daredevil vs Bullseye set used 1 of the most articulated bodies in the line but the legs couldn’t pivot outwards much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Primacron

I think it was the Infinite figures which were a bit rubbish (no torso articulation), but the stuff which came after which was branded as Legends was better. It’s all a bit hazy though!

I picked up the Gamerverse Mister Negative/Spider-Man set after watching Moon Knight, first figures I’ve bought in a long while.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Ok I remember some of those. I didn’t like when they crossbranded them as legends. If they ever come back, branding them as Marvel Universe again would be best. More sturdy plastic for the joint pegs would be preferred too. I recently checked out a Thor with no helmet which looked awesome but the ankle snapped off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Primacron

I guess it would be a bit like when they had 3.75” black series in Star Wars. Yeah, separate branding makes sense.

There’s quite a lot of characters who weren’t really around when the line was going - Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel for instance.

I bought the Bossfight studios Tarzan recently as well, very easy Ka-Zar custom!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    They need a new, in-scale Wolverine that isn’t a reuse from the X-men Origins Wolverine line either(hated the 45 degree y-hip joints on those).

The 1st Marvel Universe Wolverine mode had decent joints(aside from the ankles which looked like they attached at a weird angle) but was too tall. Meanwhile I felt like the XMO Wolverine figures were too small overall.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Primacron

Very true! I still have most of the figures from that line - Deadpool, Blob, Gambit and Iceman. With the exception of Iceman they never bettered them.

(I don’t use XMO Iceman as Iceman, I use him to display opposite Jazwares Sub-Zero, but that’s a whole different kettle of fish!)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    The best mold from it was comic Sabretooth, that one is sturdy and they sized it right.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Primacron

Forgot about that one, yep. I actually like it more than the Legends Jim Lee version.