Marvel UK TF comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by SubotaiBaghatur, Sep 19, 2006.

1. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I was wondering who here has any of these hard to find gems.

How many do you have?

Where did you get yours at?

Just curious as I have never seen one other than the trades I am so grateful were released several years back.

2. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I myself first got... #80 I think it was, in NZ years ago. Being given away free with video hires at some video store in Wellington (I got a few UK ROTJ comics that way, which also introduced me to Power Pack) . After that, it took me a couple of years until in Australia, I walked into a newsagent in Mackay (where I lived at the time) that I didn't usually go to, and stumbled across them. So since then, I collected the UK comics as well as the US G1 comic. I think i started getting UK about 230 or so, but managed to find a couple of back issues in nearby book exchanges.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    For a UKer I didn't actually have many of the weekly issues, I only started collecting right before it finished, Rhythms of Darkness was the issue I think.

What bugs me most though is the comic was always availible, until the final issue, which sold out everywhere, leaving me high and dry.

Otherwise I only got the collected comics, which came out every few months. I got a load of them.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have pretty much all of them, though I didn't start till about issue #14 or #15

5. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

I was actually living in England when they were originally released, and was a kid with nothing else to spend my money on. So I actually had every single issue!!! I kept them all for a few years but sold them when we moved back to Ireland (at a car boot sale - I cringe every time I think of it)
    I was thinking about collecting them again but I have lots of kids in the house now and they just don't mix, so I bought a CD with scans of all of them on Ebay a while ago.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude! that rules!

had a bunch of these; malaysia (and singapore) got both US and UK comics. i thought they rocked, even more than the US version. i loved the letters section editorial and the little funny strips. plus, they were big sized and the worst colors pwned nel yomtov (who still rules btw, if only for longevity) on even his best day.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I have a complete run somwhere. I'm not quite sure where though.

8. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunatly, there all all pretty well read and no where near mint condition.
    I did go through them a few years ago which was good, but currently the reside far, far away from me.

Oh and I do have the very last issue ^.^
    Just never got any of the G2 comics.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I have #150 (the origin of the Transformers in its original comic showing) signed by Simon Furman.

10. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Got 'em back in the day from #268 onwards, with the annuals, various Collected Comics issues and other random issues picked up from various sources at the same time. Most of the ones that've been reprinted I've sold on now, as I'm more interested in the stories than original issues.

The annuals and early CC issues usually aren't too expensive on eBay if you can find them. I've got a few later issues that are for sale if anyone's interested (I forget whether trading's allowed here, but couldn't spot anything in the rules -- er, someone delete this bit if it isn't, please.) #269-272, 274-289.

Also got a set of the Ladybird books (last two ex-library, rest in much better condition) that I've resigned myself to not finding anyone interested in... those took so much effort to find as a kid, I'm inclined to just hang onto them. Do have a few spares, though.

General collecting advice: if anyone ever offers you a UK G2 annual, decline politely.