Marvel Transformers Confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Black costume Spider-man and Gears?

2. Nemesis91078

Nemesis91078 SAY cheeze!!!

Ebay:

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but this idea has FAR too high a Win Quotient to ever come to fruition.

4. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    I call updated verions of action masters. Mind you, this isn't what I want but it's what I think it is. Non Transforming, Marvel Legends style figures of Transformers characters.

And wow, is there a lot of negativity in this thread. You'd think everyone here hated thier hobby and the company that they choose to purchase from constantly.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Not a horrible idea. Only problem is that they'd have to be large figures. And thus not sell as well. I'm better on SWTF but Marvel.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

This whole endeavor just sounds like a vortex of bad ideas.

I mean, Star Wars Transformers are bad enough. Most of the toys are a bit on the weak side, but at least Star Wars has always had a strong focus on the vehicles... so the transforming gimmick works well.

Superheroes and Transformers on the other hand, just don't mix. There's something about superhero themes on TFs that come off as tacky somehow.

zmog

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    How about a Black Cat TF that turns into a nekkid Felicia Hardy?

Meeeeeoooooow, I'd buy that in a second :p 

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    with the movie this year. "Iron Man" would be a hilarious transformer.
    But indeed my hopes are very low for this line hasbro and marvel need to know the skeptics are watching.

But if it could a repaint line of old unicron trilogy dudes as super heroes. That I would purchase. otherwise meh I guess I'm not into marvel as much as real transformers.

9. Bumblebee

Bumblebee Artist/Colorist Monkey

I REALLY hope the designs are a lot better than what happened with StarWars...

10. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

Oh dear god no. Such a figure would put bad images into my head....disturbing images.

11. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have mixed feelings abt this. what's with the TF franchise getting more attention since the movie came out, i hope this doesn't become overkill.

If it attracts more fans from other genres, it would be good for the franchise. but if it bombed...oh well:( 

12. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I wonder if they'll have figured out that the crossover thing only works if it's TF characters turning into (insert franchise)'s vehicles.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The thing is, even though most TF fans don't like the Star Wars Transformers, it was somehow succesfull, so I'm confident that the Marvel Transformers will at least do the same, if not better. Personally, as long as we get an Ironman figure in the line, I'll be happy (he's actually the only one I can remember that's a Marvel characer, is the Hulk also one?, if so, he should get a figure too, imo).

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

The skeptics are ALWAYS watching everything that Hasbro does. I think it's stupid how people are already jumping all over this even though they have absolutely no friggin idea what this stuff even is!

How about people just relax until we even see pics or at the very least a description of what these are?

15. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

lol it would be cool if we got a circuit breaker figure

16. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Heheheheh IE Captain America and OP 2 pack sets... or!! Even better Dr.Doom and ENG Megs 2 pacs.....arrrgh!!!!

17. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I'm cautiously optimistic...

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    You mean issue #3

I'm holding out hope for an official G.B. Blackrock figure.

19. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm curious as to exactly what this is, but also remaining skeptical based on previous crossover experience.

Marvel Shapeshifters had really dicey alt-modes, which is to be expected if you're trying to transform a human-shaped figure.
    Megamorphs... mostly looked like arse in either mode.
    SWTF could have worked, but by trying to make the robot modes look like SW characters they naffed it right up - some work out okay, but making the MF and giving it Solo and Chewy's faces was one of the dumbest ideas in history.

I'd certainly be interested in seeing ML versions of human characters, but I don't know what characters they'd use. I'm thinking Spike, Sparkplug and possibly Buster (from the comics), Circuit Breaker, and maybe Blackrock and the Neo-Knights. Whether they'd also co-opt 'toon characters as well (which I suppose they've got the rights too) like Marissa Fairborne, I don't know.

The other possibility that comes to mind is TFs turning into Marvel vehicles, but how many recognisable vehicles are there? Fantasticar, SHIELD helicarrier, the X-Men's Blackbird, Avengers Quinjet... what else is there? Please let's not get into the Spideymobile...
    But as long as they're not trying to make them look like human characters, there's a chance it could work.

I guess we'll hear something soon enough... at least then we can start some informed bitching...

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its just a new version of Mega-Morohs. Marvel character looking robots that turn into vehicles driven by the heroes.

It is NOT Marvel Legends with Transformers. If it was, why have the Marvel name associated with it? If it was a similar type of figure, it would have some other name (Robot Replicas was sort of a Marvel Legends type of toy with a large figure with articulation).