Marvel Super Hero Squad

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by flywheels, Apr 7, 2009.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else get sucked into the Super Hero Squad figures? I don't care for all of them, but dang it if some of them aren't the coolest little pieces of PVC plastic!

I picked up the new Tigra/Spider-Man 2 pack today and Tigra has to be one of the best sculpted in the line. I've got a handful of Avengers characters and it's very tempting to jump in head first, but @ $7 a pop they are kinda pricey seeing how small and un-articulated they are.

Despite the minor drawbacks I feel Hasbro is handling the line very well and I'm glad to see they are giving 2nd and 3rd tier characters the Super Hero Squad treatment. I just wonder how many other adults are buying these for themselves?!

2. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I had em all at first. But when I looked over and saw I just bought this huge Spider-Man playset, some spiderman cars, other big box with 8 figs n' stuff, I decided to call it quits. I have some pics of em all together just before I sold em somewhere here...

They're great, but its impossible to keep track of em all.

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've got a couple of these. I mainly buy the gals in the line, because they're pretty dang cute. My favs are Psylocke and Phoenix and an army of Black Cats. I really want the Black Widow one. Just need to find someone to pawn the Cap off to.

4. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then you've got to pick up Tigra...great sculpt! The She-Hulk from the Hulk series is also well done.

5. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Wow :eek:  That Tigra is pretty good, the Spidey isn't bad either. If these show up in Canada I might pick up a set too even though I try not to get into these lines (didn't get any TF RH's yet).

6. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    Oh, she's definitely on my list. As for She-Hulk, I had forgotten about her. I THINK I can still find those on clearance though...

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Black Cat? :( 

8. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Sigh.. in the old days I would have jumped all over those pvc goodness, but those days are long gone. I would like to get my hands on a Deadpool though, since he's my favorite comic book hero.

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I've got several mostly Spider-Man related figures. I'm a huge fan of anything Venom, so more than one Spidey has made it's way into the collection. I recently purchased the Wolverine The Coming of Apocalypse set because I had to have a little Archangel (another favorite), Apocalypse, and Nightcrawler!

11. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    I just picked up the Avengers set but just wanted Ms. Marvel. Are you interested in the Iron Spidey...?

12. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a few.
    The two Iron Man 4 packs, WWH Hulk and WWH Iron Man, Carnage and Ben Riley Spiderman.

I have seen the Deadpool one recently and was tempted.

13. drkngrusum

drkngrusum Well-Known Member

I picked up the Fantastic Four series when it was out. Even have Galactus.

14. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want the Ms. Marvel figure as well...but she keeps going for more than I want to pay on eBay. One day.

15. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Iron Man sets keep calling my name, but so far I've held my ground. :lol 

16. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was in the same boat. I saw the set at TRU the other day and figured in the end I'm paying the same to buy-and-ship the single Ms. Marvel off of Ebay as I am buying the set outright. That and if I can't sell the Cap, Vision, and Spidey I can at least get some charitable satisfaction out of just giving them to someone who wants them. :lol 

17. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

My fav atm is Mystique, but the smile on Weapon X (who comes with her) while wearing that experimentation gear just ain't right. Downright creepy.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Stop smiling, Logan! It's a trick!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  18. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe Walmart has them for $10 and change which is a good deal considering 2 packs now retail most places for $6.99.

19. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I would like them a lot more if they were not so expensive for what you get.

For the time being I have only gotten them when they were a good deal (like four Iron Man related ones for $10).

20. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I thought about getting Deadpool also but honestly couldn't justify the $7 tag on him. If he would have come with a regular punisher instead of the stupid Cap version, at least my buddy would have split the cost and we each got one.

I've only been suckered for all the Iron man stuff, for obvious reasons. Really, 6 Iron man 4 packs, the Hulk one with Hulkbuster Ironman (before he was in the 4 pack), the Ultimate one with Giant Man, and Fin Fang Foom, the regular modern one, the gold modern one that came with the Avenger set, and however many else I'm missing... The only one I didn't grab was the TRU exclusive one with the War machine armor which I can hopefully find on eBay cheap.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009