Marvel Solicitations for March, 2006

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    MARVEL COMICS MARCH 2006 SOLICITATIONS

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #91 & #92
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    “DEADPOOL” Parts 1 and 2 (of 5).
    Spidey makes a trip to the X-Mansion to hang out with new gal pal Kitty Pryde only to find the School For Gifted Youngsters has been taken over by—Ultimate Deadpool and his Marauders! Uh-oh. Seems like a good time to cut class. Guest-starring the Ultimate X-Men!
    32 PGS./RATED A ...$2.50

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #530
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    Pencils & Cover by RON GARNEY
    Spidey’s got a new lease on life, new powers, and a new costume, courtesy of his new best friend Tony Stark. So what could possibly go wrong? Lots, True Believer. With clouds quickly building on the horizon, the bonds that Spider-Man now forges may very well determine his capacity to withstand a storm that will shake the entire Marvel Universe.
    32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50

SPIDER-GIRL #96
    Written by TOM DEFALCO
    Pencils & Cover by RON FRENZ
    Thanks to the man called Kaine, Spider-Girl has seen the future and knows that she is destined to die at the hands of a Scrier. Will the unexpected return of Felicity Hardy as the Scarlet Spider help save Spider-Girl...or doom her?
    32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99

DAREDEVIL #83
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by MICHAEL LARK
    Cover by TOMMY LEE EDWARDS
    The acclaimed new team of Brubaker and Lark ratchet the tension up a notch in their landmark second issue! The unthinkable has happened, and Matt Murdock is left stunned. As the strands of what’s left of his life begin to fall to pieces, how will he react? This is Daredevil at his breaking point, and when he snaps, everyone in his way had better stand clear!
    32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

MARVEL KNIGHTS FANTASTIC FOUR #28
    Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
    Penciled by MIZUKI SAKAKIBARA
    Cover by TONY HARRIS
    PRIVATE LIVES/PUBLIC FACES Part 1 [of 1]
    During any given week, the crises faced by New York’s first family of super heroes can range from the profoundly cosmic to the deeply personal. Today, in this stand-alone issue, an employee from Fantastic Enterprises will come to Susan Richards for help, claiming that her son is being abused. And Reed Richards will be asked to keep a promise he made to a dying man months ago. Great jumping on point!

CAPTAIN AMERICA #16
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Penciled by MIKE PERKINS
    Cover by STEVE EPTING
    As Crossbones and the Red Skull’s daughter SIN carve a path of chaos and destruction across the U.S.A., Cap and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 13 head to the American heartland on a tip, and stumble across much more than they bargained for--like a secret AIM cadre and a lot of secrets! The first of an action-packed two-parter from Ed Brubaker and Mike Perkins.

FANTASTIC FOUR: FIRST FAMILY #1 (of 6)
    Written by JOE CASEY
    Pencils & Cover by CHRIS WESTON
    For the first time, untold secrets of the FF’s earliest days are revealed! What happened the moment after Reed Richards’ rocket crash landed? What happened -- to Sue Storm, to Ben Grimm, to Johnny Storm -- in the days following that fateful event? An in-depth, action-packed, psychologically thrilling exploration of the FF’s origin begins here!
    32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

MS. MARVEL #1
    Written by BRIAN REED
    Penciled by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE
    Cover by FRANK CHO
    Straight out of the pages of NEW AVENGERS and HOUSE OF M! Call your friends, wake the neighbors, shout it from the rooftops! For the first time in over two decades, Ms. Marvel stars in her own ongoing series! Come along for one heck of a wild ride as Brian Reed (co-writer of the thrilling SPIDER-WOMAN: ORIGIN) joins forces with penciler extraordinaire Rob de la Torre for an action-packed adventure that includes special guest stars Captain America and Jessica Jones. All this and an alien invasion that could mean the end of life on Earth, is tucked inside a cover by Eisner Award-nominated Frank Cho!

NEW AVENGERS #17
    Penciled by MIKE DEODATO
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    “THE COLLECTIVE” PART 1
    House of M changed the planet and now a new, major threat has emerged. Nothing can stop it!!! Nothing! The New Avengers are about to be put to the test in a way they never have before. Debuting the bombastic pencils of fan-favorite Mike Deodato. Guest-starring Ms. Marvel!
    32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.50

NEW AVENGERS ILLUMINATI
    Penciled by ALEX MALEEV
    Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
    Ripped from the pages of NEW AVENGERS, the Eisner award-winning team of Brian Bendis and Alex Maleev present this all-new special. An explosive hidden story of Marvel’s secret past, the secret history of Marvel’s most secret team -- how they came together and how they are ripped apart.
    The events in this book act as a prologue to not one but two entirely different Marvel blockbuster summer events.
    The Marvel Universe is about to split down the middle and the line is drawn here!!! You will be asked: whose side are you on? Well... whose side are you on???
    48 PGS./Rated A ...$3.99

CABLE/DEADPOOL #26
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Pencils by LAN MEDINA
    Cover by PATRICK ZIRCHER
    “BORN AGAIN!” Part 1 (of 2)
    This is a prequel to the “BLOOD OF APOCALYPSE” arc running in X-Men #182-186!
    Cable sees the signs--omens and portents--characters gathering, moving across the board like chess pieces... can APOCALYPSE be resurrected? Can Cable and Deadpool stop it in time? And most surprising of all... what if one of them doesn’t want it to be stopped?
    X-citement! X-Thrills! X-over = higher sales!
    Makes Deadpool happy!

Check the link for more!

Source: Newsarama

2. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I wanna know what this new spiderman costume looks like.

3. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Oh good, the solicitation post went through.

Anyway, I checked the other cover images and none of them had the new suit except Amazing... which was blacked out.

I wonder what the "new powers" are. I hope it's not the stinger thing. I'm cool with the healing though.

4. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of those look good, plus on the main page we get a look at Ultimate Sliver Surfer. Mostly the same... but wings?

The next Ultimate FF arc looks interesting, as does where Mervel Zombies is heading.

You also gotta laugh at the desciption for Cable/Deadpool #26.
    Xmen #184 gives the game away :p 

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Wow! The New Universe stuff totally caught me off guard. Never expected them to bring that back.

Also glad they're bringing back the Mangaverse. That was severely under rated.

6. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Looks like Apoclypse is comming back with a vengence in febuary and march.

also on a side note when did they raise there prices on there mini series? alot of them are at least 3.50 and as much as I'd like to pick them up I'm sort of working on a budget. It's kind of annoying

7. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Yay Apocalypse!

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Man, I wish it didn't have to wait until March for Ultimate Deadpool. ...and it's a good thing they say "Deadpool and his Marauders", because I was worried they did some gender bending for a moment. So I'm guessing that's Kitty in a crime-fighting-with-Spidey disguise.

Heh. I knew it. The minute I read that Silver Surfer was in Marvel Zombies, I knew Galactus would show up eventually. But the story should be interesting. And I love #4's cover. They totally went zombie with the X-Men #1 homage. So much it's funny.

Hmm... the New Universe stuff is kind of surprising. But I'm not interested in it since the only New Universe stuff I've read is two issues of Exiles.

And the return of Apocalypse stories roxxor my boxxors. Especially now that I know it starts in Cable & Deadpool, and Sunfire (ZOMG! AoA costume!) becomes a Horseman.

X-Factor #5's description worried me for a moment. I almost thought Siryn was powerless too, but she was in post-House of M Cable & Deadpool and still had her powers. So I guess something causes her to temporarily lose them in the course of the story.

9. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Daredevil #83.

Bullshit.

Bullshitbullshitbullshit!!!!!! I refuse to believe that solicit/cover!!!! No WAY they'd pull a stunt like that for real!!!!!