marvel run

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by CVprowl, Apr 9, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

what is the best way to buy the marvel run of transformers?

for gi joe for instance, idw is in the process of reprinting all the old marvel stuff in tpb form. has this been done either by idw or someone else, or are there plans in the works for marvel transformers tpb?

if i had to buy each comic individually how many are there that are expensive?

for gi joe there are only three with spiked prices: #1, #21, and the last issue, #155.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The problem with Transformers reprint volumes is they sometimes have to leave out issues where characters who are owned by Marvel turn up - notably the issue with Spider-Man, Nick Fury and Dum-Dum Dougan.

You might want to look up the Titan reprint volumes which have most of the stuff, UK and US.

Other than that, the comics are pricey on some of the later ones which tend to be scarce, especially if you start looking for the UK ones which I'd recommend for the extra stories like the Earthforce and the Time Wars.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I suggest Titan as well. I have all of them except one and just keep forgetting to look for it. But it's the entire run

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No longer a problem. IDW are re-releasing the Classics volumes with all-new covers and with all the missing issues now included. First volume is released in June 2011.

They are also releasing Classic Volumes collecting all the UK material in chronological order (inc. issues previously unavailable with Marvel characters like Deaths Head).

So, to the original question, if you want the definitive, complete collection - wait for Classics Vol 1 re-release in June, and then start getting them as they're released from there!

Before we knew we were getting these re-releases, the Titan volumes were the best way to go.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

just what i wanted to hear!

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Preordered! Although I wish they would have just released it as one series, with the UK issues placed within the US series in the order they appeared like the original UK series.
    Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess. This is still awesome.

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would have loved a "fully integrated" release with all the original UK edits to make the stories fit together (almost) seamlessly....

Still, there are a few stories this time round that have just NEVER been reprinted since the mid-1980s like some text only annual stories, and "Raiders of the Last Ark" from UK #18-21, so there's lots to look forward to. James Roberts also gives commentary on every issue in the UK series at least, which will definitely be worth the price tag alone!