Marvel Netflix series Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Ya its a damn shame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They should have gone the Dr. Strange route and had Danny becoming the Iron Fist (instead of being a crappy one) with the monks and beating the dragon with the finale with him arriving to NY. And yes, they should have gone with Lewis Tan and cast Danny's mom as Asian.

Even the intro is boring. It looks like a CGI Finn doing the stiffest kung fu ever. Be like water!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Purple Man is the best.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  7. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

I get why critics didn't like it, seeing as they only got the first 6 episodes. The first 5 were really slow-paced and kinda boring. But once Gao found out the Iron Fist was in New York the show really picked up. Danny was a great protagonist because it was hard not to sympathise with him - he lost his parents at age 10 and since then everyone he encounters lies to him and tries to manipulate him.

Ward wound up being easily my favourite character. His drug addiction subplot was well-acted and he went through a lot of development. Like Danny, he was pitiable due to all the control Harold exerts over him.

Madame Gao was great as the central antagonist and the Hand were much better utilised here than in DD S2. Claire continued to be great and Colleen was a strong character as well. I really liked Davos; he was a good representation of what Danny could have become. I didn't like Joy at first as she was pretty bland but I grew indifferent to; she was still bland but she was a necessary part of Ward and Harold's characters.

I think she'll improve in S2; the ending with her and Davos plotting is a good sequel hook.

1. Luke Cage
    2. Jessica Jones
    3. Daredevil Season 1
    4. Iron Fist
    5. Daredevil Season 2

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  10. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

• Like Like x 2
  11. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
  12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Probably for the same reason the Titanic didn't have more lifeboats.

I've worked on documentaries and looking back, the number of times when we thought we'd have half a day to do our shooting weeks in advance that turned into one hour (and one instance 22 minutes) to get it done on the day of happened more often then anyone would care to admit. And those were projects that weren't funded by a "network" that has all the added pressures and factors. Sometimes it moves fast, other times it's hurry up and wait and most of the time it's both.

13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I agree with every single observation of Iron Fist's lackluster fight choreography in this article:

Bruce Lee Would Probably Hate Marvel's 'Iron Fist' | Inverse

It's bad enough that the Danny Rand character is bland as dishwater, but the martial arts suffering from choppy edits, poor lighting, and just boring/confusing flow is unforgivable to me. Finn Jones is straight up Vanilla Fist. Meanwhile, my wife and I are enjoying the hell out of the fight choreography of Into The Badlands.

14. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And it would be one thing if he was a master actor and looked exactly like the comic character. But he's neither of those things. So Marvel picking a non-martial artist is even more baffling.

16. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally finished the show. Man what a slog. Unlike the previous series there's almost nothing to keep you invested in the story combined with the fact that so many of the episodes have huge chunks were they are boring as sh#t. I will say that I thought the final 3 episodes were pretty good but that doesn't make up for the rest of the series. It just felt like a series they just had to get out the way so we could have Fisty in the Defenders where as the other series were truly something special.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I just finished the show last night. Honestly, I liked it. It's got issues, but it's not as bad as some are saying it is. It just felt the most like a network series rather than a Netflix show. It started off a bit slow, but I think it definitely picked up around episode 6, and I liked what they did with The Hand. I thought the Meachums were the best characters. They did a good job at making me have so many mixed feelings about them. At first, I flat out hated Ward, and I wasn't that into the actor's performance. Then I loved to hate him once I understood what the actor was doing. Then I started to sympathize with him near the end. Joy seemed the nicest, but she had some surprising minor dark moments.
    Harold was also more sympathetic than I expected early on with Danny, and his long con and betrayal was well done.
    None of them are as great as Fisk or Kilgrave though. Finn Jones was serviceable as Danny. I'm not sure if it's him or the writing of his character that is holding him back. I liked Colleen Wing, and I've got to say that Jessica Henwick is super attractive. Some of the issues I had were plot points that just sort of happen and then get dropped.
    Harold murdering Kyle had no effect on the story, and it was never brought up again.
    I liked what they were setting up between Danny and Davos, but it wasn't explored as much as I wanted. As a matter of fact, more Kun'Lun flashbacks would have been welcome over seeing the plane crash over and over again (which was poorly animated for a big budget show like this). Also, why couldn't he have the costume? He's a billionaire running around the world to fight evil ninjas. He needs to conceal his identity. Like everyone said, the fight scenes were really disappointing. There were a few good moments though in later episodes. These issues didn't keep me from enjoying the show. Hell, I liked it more than Luke Cage. Luke Cage is probably a better show, but this was more fun. It was kinda like the opposite. Luke Cage started off great, and then I just got so bored with it after they killed off Cottonmouth. Iron Fist starts off a bit repetitive, and then gradually improves. It didn't quite jump to amazing, but it was consistently good enough for me. It's about a 7.5/10. Also, I rank the shows like this:

1. Daredevil (Seasons 1 and 2 since I can't choose between the two)
    2. Jessica Jones
    3. Iron Fist
    4. Luke Cage

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    It's been planned, but not underdevelopment or in production, those are two different things. They only started working on it recently.

20. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Ageee about Kyle, but Ward did mention his disappearance when Trying to convince joy how nuts Harold was.
    But yeah, the way that happened seemed weird, maybe if they'd have played him as an actual friend to Harold who works for him at the beginning- this just could have been put down to a frustrated guy lashing out, not someone loosing a bit of his humanity.