Marvel Movies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Spekkio, May 9, 2008.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I ran into this interesting article: A Secret Identity for Marvel, Ronald Grover, Businessweek 8 May 2008.

Long story short - on previous Marvel movies, Marvel only got 5% of the profits, plus they shared the merchandising revenues. Now they're financing their own films and so they make most of the cash. Paramount got 10% of Iron Man instead of the >90% that Fox, Sony, and Lionsgate got (and get).

The article also talks about what's coming next, though I imagine yinz already know about that.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    This could be either a good or a bad thing, depending on whether Iron Man proves to be the rule or the exception. Good in that Marvel will reap more of the profits of movies directly based off of their franchises, bad in that there may be considerably less pressure to change & mainstream the source material to make it palatable for a mainstream audience. For example, I have a REALLY hard time believing Thor will be any good as a big-budget live action movie unless they change a LOT about it. The source material is just too hokey, IMO.

3. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    i could've sworn Sony still had the rights to Spider-man, but maybe not. the problem is they licensed out some of their best characters and even though they get more of the profit, i'm not sure people will be lining up to shell out $10 to see Iron Fist

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Not alot of folks are gonna line up for a Super Trucker U.S. flick.

5. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

hopefully this means we will be getting films of multiple charachters and factions that the studios would not allow, aside from the avengers. I would like to see things like Spider-Man, Daredevil and the Punisher all in one film together. Hulk VS. Wolverine. Even a Marvel Civil War trilogy one day would be pretty bad ass!