Marvel MMO news coming later today at 530pmPST

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Finally!

Been interesting in a Marvel MMO ever since the one they were planning a couple of years back got cancelled.

3. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I hear ya man. I've been playing the Super Hero Squad MMO beta fora few months now and it just makes me want this MMO even more.

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

There's a Superhero Squad MMO beta? Is it an open or closed beta?

5. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    It's open now. I got it when it was closed a while back. https://www.heroup.com/registration/

6. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Brian Michael Bendis is the writer. You play as an actual Marvel character unlike DCU. Confrimed Spidey, Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk of course. Free to play!!! Only annoucned for PC so far.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Wow I am actually looking forward to this I hope this gets a console release.

8. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    How is that going to work?

I don't wanna go around playing as Spider-Man when there are 1000 other Spider-Men running around.

9. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm the same way, I'd rather create my own character and give him his powers and build him up. Screw being a copy of an already created character.

Most Superhero/Villain MMOs suck, CoH/CoV wasn't all that great, got really repetitive. Champions Online was very lacking despite having no set classes, DCU looks fun, haven't played it yet so I wouldn't know. Marvel letting you be Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine etc is just lame, there will be thousands of each running around.

I'll stick to my 360 and FPS games till they start making decent MMOs, tired of Final Fantasy and WoW-Clones, let's get something original for once?

Anyone up for a FPS-MMO based on Transformers? I know I am and I don't mean the sure-to-be-shit TF Prime MMO Jagex is working on.

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

It'll probably work the same as the Superhero Squad MMO. You're placed in a hub and pick missions to do. Those games aren't quite MMOs, they're more like online RPGs. You got the large pool of players to pick from, but then it breaks down into a small group of people when it's time to play. I'm guessing it's a more mature version of Superhero Squad.

That's what it sounds like though, who knows what they have planned exactly.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Wow, a Marvel MMO where you don't get to make your own superhero. I think they're missing what the point of an MMO is.

12. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Hey, it's free to play! Even if there are more than one of a character running around, it being free is awesome.

13. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Free is appealing but considering it's only announced for PC so far will draw a few people away. We'll see though, I am interested just to see what they'll crank out.

In terms of Super hero MMOs right now, I'm playing DCUO and find that to be one of the more interesting ones out in the market right now.

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That's no excuse. There are free MMOs that let you make your own character. It sounds like it's just going to be an online version of Ultimate Alliance.

15. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Seems interesting, but i have to see more information.

16. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    Ah, man. I was really hoping for a DCUO copy but with Marvel. Like others have said, I want to make my own character and interact with established characters. If I wanted to play as Spidey, or Wolverine, or Iron Man, or the Hulk, I'd play one of their games. I want to make a character and ally myself with SHIELD, or HYDRA, or the X-Men, or the Brotherhood, the Avengers, etc. and then get missions from Nick Fury, Iron Man, Captain America, Mr. Fantastic, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Loki, whatever the case may be. So yeah, basically an exact clone of DCUO but with the Marvel license instead.

BTW, wasn't there supposed to be a new X-Men game where you create your own original mutant character and you learn at Xavier's School, and then join the X-Men team, etc? What happened to that?

17. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

X-Men: Destiny? It's still being worked on. It was only announced last October.